News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

how order modify in backend or add product in invoice

Started by amet123, February 28, 2012, 12:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amet123

Hello,
but from the back end of virtuemart 2.0 is no longer possible to modify an order received?  If I want to delete or add a product as I received the order to do this?
Also you can not even change the address of the client, you can not enter a discount and more, Why the new release lacks these features important?  and when i possible to release this patch
Amit Vaid

Gap Solution
Web Development

Milbo

This is on the list. But it is not so an easy thing as it sounds. In some countries you are not to allowed to change the invoice, you must create a new one, in others not. Just adding the feature you can edit anything is imho not a good solution. But you can be sure, that we think about it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

konors

This is the only reason i m not doing the move to VM2 , please add it asap , this is a critical feature for thousands of shops around the world. I don't understand why ity's not been ported from VM 1.x add an option to activate it or not for those countries it is not allowed.

The way it was very practical to the store owner and to thousand of customers who forgot to add some product to the order.

Jeff Marsh Photo

g'day, Milbo,

any idea when the invoice modifying plugin will be started, or if started, finished?

Cheers,

Jeff Marsh.

Studio 42

Quote from: konors on March 10, 2012, 16:53:17 PM
This is the only reason i m not doing the move to VM2 , please add it asap , this is a critical feature for thousands of shops around the world. I don't understand why ity's not been ported from VM 1.x add an option to activate it or not for those countries it is not allowed.

The way it was very practical to the store owner and to thousand of customers who forgot to add some product to the order.
You have more as simply adding the product.
If you add a product, the paiment is false, the shipment can be false. The quantity calculated price is to test.
Is stock here , have you right to provide such quantity ?  ...

Studio 42

in a normal legal way to change the orders:
-you must change the status from paid to refund
-refund the order total price
-do a new card
-customer acccept the cart and sold it

amymattian

Please explain how can you do a new card for the customer without the customer password? I don't see such function anywhere where I could add a new order for the customer and send it to them for acceptance. Customers are not happy if they must do the new order themselves just because we cannot do any changes for their order.

I my view it is not a problem to edit orders and then leave a comment of the changes in the order info-field. The editing fuction in the old VM1 was definitely a good feature and is urgently needed to the new VM2. Also there is a need to add orders backend. Many webshops sell products at the warehouse also (not only online) and to make an invoice you need a possibility to add an order in backend on behalf of the customer. Any ideas if this function is going to be implemented?

Anne

szmiki

Hello,

We have just started using the new VM2 and we are stuck with modifying orders, adding/removing products. Without this function we will not be able to change from the current VM1.1 to this system for this is vital for us to have this function. Momentarily we are forced to use VM1.1 still. Can we have an expected resolution time to the issue?

Awaiting your kind reply,

Mike

bytelord

Hello szmiki,

Add/remove/edit orders from the backend will be ready possible in version 2.1, in about a month from now. Already in the SVN there is that function but still buggy. I believe will be ready in version 2.1/2.2.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Thoulieve91

Hi everyone,
I just started using the new VIRTUAL MART V2.0 and i couldn't able the modify the oders.  Without knowing this i cannot change my from v1.0. so can anyone help me to solve this problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bytelord

Quote from: Thoulieve91 on November 23, 2012, 07:28:54 AM
Hi everyone,
I just started using the new VIRTUAL MART V2.0 and i couldn't able the modify the oders.  Without knowing this i cannot change my from v1.0. so can anyone help me to solve this problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please look the previous post ...

Darus

So I gather the update needs to be done so that quantities and prices etc can be changed by the admin? @bytelord

bytelord

@Darus

Yes, you will be able to change them, but as i said is not ready yet.

Regards

mowlman

Looks like we will have to wait for version 2.1 / 2.2.

Often for my case a customer calls and  just wants to change the finish of a product, so the shipping and prices are the same. n VM1 a quick edit, then we can process normally. It would seem overkill to refund their entire order, then process an entire new order and then ask them for the credit card information again.

Right now, VM2 is too immature for me to migrate all of my shops. Due to the cost and problems with migration along with VM1 functionality no longer present in VM2, my customers are forcing me to look into other joomla / shopping cart solutions. I am resisting as mush as possible since the past 3 years I have been strictly joomla & Virtuemart.

neilwhit

I'd like to add my 2ยข to this. We just migrated 2 of our clients to VM. We never suspected that they could not edit orders in the backend. This has always been a very basic feature in every cart we've ever done (osCommerce, ZenCart, HikaShop, etc.).

For most online businesses, this is a very basic tool that gets used a lot. Online merchants routinely have change orders for backordered or no longer available items. Admins need to be able to change quantities, pricing, add discounts, adjust shipping charges, add free items, etc. This is an everyday task for store admins. While it may have legal issues in some countries, in North America it is a fundamental function of an online store.

Hopefully we will see this return very quickly. I am not sure what we are going to tell our clients. I feel a bit stupid for not having investigated this prior to launching their newly upgraded stores, but as I said previously, who would have thought that this was not available!

Question: In looking at the tables, I see an order table and an order items table. For the short term, anyone see any problems with editing the 2 tables directly? Will this screw up the order itself or anything else? Our clients MUST be able to alter the orders, so we need a workaround until this becomes available.

Thanks for the help and advice.
Joomla v2.5.9