News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Category Page Issue

Started by b.adams91, February 27, 2012, 06:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b.adams91

Hi Guys,

I'm still pretty new at using virtuemart and been messing around with some things to get it working but when you select a category on my shop such there is Men's and Women's clothing and if you select one or the other when you try to leave that shop page you can't go back to seeing the categories it just takes you to the category you originally selected... Also if anyone knows any template or has any help for me to change the appearance of my shop so that that products show before the continue shopping would help me a lot.. www.illestclothing.com

thanks,
Brandon

jenkinhill

I cannot cope with that template, having to scroll down every time to see anything. Anyway, I could not see categories, but you don't seem to have a main menu link to the store category layout. It goes to the cart directly, but as you have SEF enabled it is not possible to identify exactly what part of VM you are trying to link to.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Atayazici

I categorized all the products in Virtuemart, but can't seem to link any of the those categories to a menu item. I would really appreciate, if someone could help on this, it has taken all my last week to wrestle with this issue. If there is a way without coding and messing with CSS, I would prefer that way. But if there is no other way, I will try that also. Thank you in advance.

Atayazici

By the way it is Vituemart 2 and Joomla 2.5 that I am juggling with, thank you.

jenkinhill

Start with a simple main menu link type Menu Item Type  to  VirtueMart Categories Layout

Then publish the VM - Category module to that menu item in a suitable position in your Joomla template.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

b.adams91

I am using Virtuemart 2.0.2 & Joomla 1.5, Have I installed or done something wrong with virtuemart as I don't understand why the check out is displayed before the clothing?

Atayazici

Thank you jenkinhill, that was pretty prompt response.