News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM 2.0 to 2.0.2 automatic upgrade errors

Started by qx, February 25, 2012, 21:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

When you do not mind. I wanna know whats going on there, so write me a pm with your skype data. then I will contact you and you can show me via screenshare.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

JohnnyC

Milbo, I have sent you a pm. I have also just installed VM 2.0.4. Except from the table errors that VM can't find any of my products (even after the republish of the images or checking the language) it keeps asking me to link VM to a menu item and works only if I select as home page Viruemart store which is the link index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart!!! The predefined index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=virtuemart isn't recognized as home page!!! Is this a bug of new version?

Milbo

No, I think there is some joomla setting missing. Imho you can define it as homepage.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

JohnnyC

I have just upgaded to VM2.0.6 stable but all the problems remain!

• index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=virtuemart defined as homepage in a menu but still asking to add vm application to a menu item
  • not products found (only categories) and an error mysql message is returned. It lost connection to MySQL server
The above happen in every upgrade through Joomla extension installer since the automatic update with VM tool (option=com_virtuemart&view=liveupdate) has never worked properly...

JohnnyC

... Do I have to rebuild manually the databases after every upgrade??? This is what I had done the last time it did the same product problem!

JohnnyC

I have just rebuilt the products' table in database by exporting the old one and importing to a new with the same name! But I can't see any of my images (products, categories etc) although they are displayed in store->multimedia. What should I do now?

I need some solution for all these issues because I can't republish manually all the images or rebuild the database after an upgrade!!!!!!!

Thanks!