News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM 2.0 to 2.0.2 automatic upgrade errors

Started by qx, February 25, 2012, 21:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qx

Hi,

I have a JL 1.7 website with VM 2.0 installed. When trying to upgrade to VM 2.0.2 using the 'Live Update' functionality I get an Internal Server error.

the error log does not show any information.  Have been looking at this for some hours. Any clues are highly appreciated!

jndm

same prob by me, I installed then from normal extension manager, but after upgrade I had th following errors: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98595.0
Wanna try it? (make backup before)

qx

Hi,

I did not install from the extension manager, but from the button in VM control panel that says 'Update available!'

update: using the extension manager vm 2.0.2 did install. only images are missing now. looking into that

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Leridan

J1.7.3 and VM2.0.0

when trying to upgrade from the VM panel button I get that same "internal server error"
when trying to upgrade from aio, I just get a blank page.

step 2:

I then upgraded Joomla! to 2.5.1 through the extensions/updates panel (install reported as successful)

I still got the same errors (internal server error from the VM panel and blank page from aio)

Step3:

I then installed VM2.0.2 from the extensions panel (both VM and aio packages, both installs reported as successful with no error mesages)

everythings seems to work EXCEPT now all product images & thumbnails have disappeared from the frontend. They still are displayed in the product images tab of the products' pages in the backend.

going to shop/media, all pics are showned as "unpublished"

I selected all pics, then clicked publish and now everything seems to be back to normal.

Jean-Louis Beaufils, Paris
www.cosient.fr

JohnnyC

Automatic update 2.0.0->2.0.2 through the option (update available) fails with internal 500 error. How can I update without losing all my data or have to rebuild the databases and place the modules? Manual update (download package and install it through manager) will reset everything!!
Any ideas please!!?

jenkinhill

If you update your VM using Joomla's extension manager by simply installing over the current version (without uninstalling) then you update the files and database, while keeping your categories, products, images etc. You must install both components.

http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Installation_of_VirtueMart_2_with_provided_packages
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sujoy

I have installed VM2.0.0 in a website of J1.5, I have found a notification that Upgrade is available for VM2.0.0. but while upgrading it to VM2.0.2  I found
"Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://localhost/joomla/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=liveupdate&task=download. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly."

Also I tried to upgrade it using VM AIO but it shows me a white page and nothing upgraded!

Is it possible for Joomla 1.5 to migrate VM2.0.0 to VM2.0.2?

JohnnyC

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 19, 2012, 18:00:02 PM
If you update your VM using Joomla's extension manager by simply installing over the current version (without uninstalling) then you update the files and database, while keeping your categories, products, images etc. You must install both components.

http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Installation_of_VirtueMart_2_with_provided_packages

Thanks, I'll try it...

JohnnyC

After the update to VM2.0.3 an error message appears and no pruducts exist!! Just the products categories and nothing else...
The "error loading" message says

MySQL server has gone away SQL=SELECT m.id, m.title, m.module, m.position, m.content, m.showtitle, m.params, mm.menuid FROM jos_modules AS m LEFT JOIN jos_modules_menu AS mm ON mm.moduleid = m.id LEFT JOIN jos_extensions AS e ON e.element = m.module AND e.client_id = m.client_id WHERE m.published = 1 AND e.enabled = 1 AND (m.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR m.publish_up <= '2012-04-05 07:34:52') AND (m.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR m.publish_down >= '2012-04-05 07:34:52') AND m.access IN (1,1,2,3) AND m.client_id = 1 AND (mm.menuid = 0 OR mm.menuid <= 0) ORDER BY m.position, m.ordering

I tried updating database through the DB tool but nothing... What should I do??

JohnnyC

Continuing my last post, after the upgrade to 2.0.2 my site asked to link VM with a menu (although I had done it in the past with the option index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=virtuemart). I saw that the previous connection of the homepage menu to VM (above option) wasn't working and there was a new option for VM application (index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart) that needed to be connected. When I linked that option to the homepage menu, it worked but my homepage became...the cart as the above option says!!!!

Is that a bug? I don't want my cart as home page!!!

Milbo

The thing with the missing images and products were often explained, but cant find the posts myself.

As jenkinhill said, check if the images are published and check your language. Maybe you filled your descriptions into the english language table, but you are browsing it in another language?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

JohnnyC

I always use Greek language. I don't know if only images are missing because I only see my categories... In any other occasion I get the message I posted before... The same problem was occurred during a previous update too but I didn't have many products then so I didn't care. The fact is I have never achieved an automated update through VM.  I always have to use the manager to install new VM and everything except categories is being reseted...

Milbo

This is very strange

It is a know fact that the akeeba ars and vm2 together is buggy. The reason is that there are two programs doing a lot queries work in a row. The simpelst way is to use the download function in the ars and to install it then with the normal joomla extension installer.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

JohnnyC

Saying I used the manager I meant the joomla extension installer. The new version was installed but the modules were reset and the products disappeared except the categories, while the MySQL message appeared. I tried table update through VM DB tools but nothing happened.
Moreover at 2.0.2 it asked to link VM with a menu (although I had it in previous version) and the homepage became the cart... see my previous post for that.