News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Accept Credit Card Info without processing

Started by mrmillmill, February 24, 2012, 23:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmillmill

Hi I just want to thank everyone who has had their part to play in the creation of Virtuemart 2! I love it! I wanted to know if there is a way to gain credit card information during the checkout process but not actually get it authorized through a payment gateway. The reason is because the owner has a company who goes over all the orders daily and then this company gets all the credit card info authorized through the owners payment gateway as opposed to virtuemart doing the authorization. Anyway to do this? Can you walk me through this if there is a way and can you give me a timeline if this is not available? Thanks in advance!

jenkinhill

There is now a way to do this in VM2 which is designed to be PCI compliant. http://virtuemart.cloudaccess.net/extensions-virtuemart-2/payments/offline-credit-card-processing-detail

Make sure that the merchant card service provider knows that on-line card data collection is being used, as very large fines can result from not telling them while continuing to use their customer not present off-line syatem.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jeff

Jeff MacDougall

mrmillmill

Thanks again for all your help! I was reading up on the plugin and it says, "First digits are stored in the database, with the last digits being sent via email." Would this be an issue if I have a script that takes all the orders and their information of each day and stores all the purchase information into a csv file that is transferred to another server daily? If I cannot get all the credit card info into the csv file this solution won't work for my client. Really can use any help on this thanks in advance!

muasif80

1. Expertise: PHP and JAVA Expert (SCJP)
2. DEV Tools: Eclipse PDT - WAMP - XDebug
3. www.mayotitech.com/products.php

mrmillmill

Thanks muasif80 for your quick response. I did not see a description of what the plugin does. Will this allow all credit card info from a shopper to be stored on the database so that all the shopper info can be taken with my script and placed inside a csv file? Thanks! How long has this plugin been around? Will further development be involved with this plugin?

jenkinhill

Quote from: mrmillmill on February 25, 2012, 22:54:18 PMWould this be an issue if I have a script that takes all the orders and their information of each day and stores all the purchase information into a csv file that is transferred to another server daily?

The card data needs to be stored on the server at the highest level of encryption available and the full card number and cvv cannot be stored together, so I am not sure if transfer to a csv of the data and onwards transfer is permitted under the current PCI rules, which were tightened in January this year. You would really need to ask the merchant service provider for advice on this.

As an aside I came across an interesting article about encryption on http://www.di-mgt.com.au/cryptoCreditcard.html   - my daughter is a mathematician and tried to explain how AES-128 encrytions works, but I still don't get it.........
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum