News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Can't fill in email address! Help needed (Kind of SOLVED)

Started by maxispin, February 24, 2012, 13:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxispin

Virtuemart: 2.0.1 H & K & N
Joomla: 2.5.1
PHP version: 5.2.17

I just realized that the shopper field emailaddress is locked up in the admin side as well in the frontside - the worst is that it cannot be filled in or edited in anyway (it is totally locked)!

What to do?
Heeelp please!
VM 3.0.17.6 | VM 2.0.24c | VM 1.1.9

John2400

My question and probably the reason others are not answering is .

What do you want to do with it?

maxispin

Sorry if I weren't able to explain my problem.

The email field is not editable and the order cannot be done because of that. So, I would like to get customers able to fill their email in the form.

http://www.kraana.fi/index.php/component/virtuemart/user/editaddresscartBT?Itemid=0

email = Sähköposti   (COM_VIRTUEMART_EMAIL)

Attached picture shows the field that cannot be edited at all via browser

[attachment cleanup by admin]

John2400

Sorry I ,

Can see your issue with the email  I cannot resolve that issue

Did you creat the email yourself in the back and then add it to your list or the original  it just never worked.

maxispin

The field is READ ONLY.

I have no idea where to change it. MySql?

<input type="text" id="email_field" name="email" size="30" value="" class="required invalid" maxlength="100" readonly="readonly" aria-required="true" required="required" placeholder="EMAIL_ADDRESS" title="heuristic type: EMAIL_ADDRESS
server type: NO_SERVER_DATA
field signature: 420638584
form signature: 2436398760176865502
experiment id: &quot;&quot;" style="background-image: url(http://www.kraana.fi/components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/vmgeneral/backgrounds.png); background-position: 0px -40px; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; " aria-invalid="true">

maxispin

UFFF.... phpMyAdmin/tbl_alter.php

UPDATE  `database_name`.`j25_virtuemart_userfields` SET  `readonly` =  '0' WHERE  `j25_virtuemart_userfields`.`virtuemart_userfield_id` =1;

Editing and submit works now.

Why the field was on readonly mode is mystery. Another thing is that it couldn't be changed via backend. (The selection button (of read only) couldn't be changed to No)

sandstorm

I have same issue!

I upgraded from 2.0.0 to a couple of the beta versions of 2.0.1 and couldn't get this checkout process working properly.

I am now using J2.5.1, VM 2.0.2 & on PHP 5.3.10 yet my email is read only as well when users are trying the checkout & register?

Tried with default templates and still the same

J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

sandstorm

I looked in PHP Myadmin as MaxiSpin did and found in virtuemart_userfields  the email address is set to read only.

I set this from 1 to 0 and now is OK.

But baffled as to how this has been set and also not found anything in the backend to switch off & on.

I'm guessing its a bug from within the 2.0.1 beta versions that caused the problem as doesn't seem to be being talked about in the forum ??

J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16