News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Modal Box on image display

Started by melina, February 21, 2012, 22:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melina

Hi everybody!

I am building an ecommerce site with Joomla 2.5 and Virtuemart 2.
When you go to the product details page you see the main image for the product and then the other images below, smaller.
Now, when you click on the images it opens a pop up with the image larger and the close button BUT it doesnt show the prev and next to see the rest of the images. This means that for seeing all images you need to open and close each one separated... definitively boring and deal breaker for a customer.
I found out that vm its apparently using Modal Box for this, witch doesnt have function or images for next and prev. I also found something called Fancy Box on the files, witch seems to have the function and the images.

So the question is: does anybody knows how to add next and prev to the modal box OR how to change modal box for something else for image display? Maybe I can use some other thing here?

I attach images of how it is now.

Thank you SO much!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

charles99

everyone that updated their VM 20 to VM 2.0.1 A-N is having the same problem... 

melina

I had first VM 2.0 and the problem was already there. I changed to VM 2.0.1 H but it is still the same. So the problem came from VM 2.0.
I am desperate, it doesnt work well having an online shop with this issue when you have products with many, many pictures... =(

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

melina

Thanks but that gives a fatal error: Fatal error: Class 'VirtuemartControllerAccesorios' not found in /home/content/m/o/s/mosharequipe/html/shop/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.php on line 99

Not working... =(

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

melina

charles99

Don't use the file but copy the code yourself....   For whatever reason the file generates a error so just copy the code.  Also you might have to adjust the size of your images also... 

melina

I never used the file. I did exactly that, copied the code and paste it. It gives me and error on the php, I fix that error, it gives me another.... not working at all...

charles99

I am using the code and its working for me...  Shoot Gruz an IM and see if he can assist you.  Because he came up with the fix... and make sure to send him the error you are getting...

charles99

If you got modal box working I would just use that for now until they release a stable version of VM 2.0.2.   Some people don't have that working right and I know you want to add the next & Pre to your shop but the fix I outlined was for the the problem that everyone seem to be having when both pictures are showing on the product page small image and big image.  That fix has the features you are seeking so you might have to play with the code to get what you want...