News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Max Products???? Ummmm

Started by tech, February 23, 2012, 07:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tech

I cant seem to find this issue located in the forum , but maybe someone can shed some light. This is pretty strange. Say I have 100 units of an item and 400 people come onto site and want to buy the same item. It seems that if they all add it to the cart at the same time...then VM will sell 400 items even though only 100 are in stock???

I chuckled when I saw this and wondering if anyone else have the same problem. If so, how to fix it and configure so it does NOT happen.

jenkinhill

They are unlikely to add to cart at exactly the same time! Servers work in microseconds or less - as long as they are good servers and not the cheap overloaded servers that some people use. But then they would choke at more than a few simultaneous connections....
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tech

Ok ... let's not focus on the fact that I said "the same time" ... the main point, is that many people came on and purchased my products and the system sold more than I had set for the stock. Can anyone tell me if this is being fixed? I was using VM 2.0.0. I see 2.0.2 is out.

I am using Rochen...the same host Joomla.org and Virtuemart.net use.

Quote from: jenkinhill on February 23, 2012, 10:39:36 AM
They are unlikely to add to cart at exactly the same time! Servers work in microseconds or less - as long as they are good servers and not the cheap overloaded servers that some people use. But then they would choke at more than a few simultaneous connections....