News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How To Add Purchase Discounts

Started by mrmillmill, February 23, 2012, 05:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmillmill

Hi I love VM 2! Great job develpment team! I wanted to know if it is possible to setup discounts for different quantities that are ordered of a product. Example breakdown below:

Buy 2 boxes you get 5% discount
Buy 3 boxes you get 10% discount
Buy 4 boxes you get 15% discount

Is this possible with joomla 17 and VM 2? If so can you walk me through the process? If not, do you have a rough idea of the release date for this feature? Thanks in advance!

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mrmillmill

Thank you for your response! So does this feature need to be purchased? Doesn't the ability to give discounts come standard with VM 1? Is the discounting in VM1 different from VM? Thank you for your help!

jenkinhill

From http://virtuemart.cloudaccess.net/extensions-virtuemart-2/quantity-related-calculation-detail

The quantity plugin enables you to create pricing, and quality differentials per product / category, based on almost any parameter you might require, examples being, percentages, fixed amounts or volume of order.

That is a whole lot more than the original 1.1 simple bulk pricing option.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mrmillmill

Great thank you for all your help! I am cheerfully suprised at how well the virtuemart forum service supports its users! Thank you! So virtuemart 2 will no longer come standard with even a standard discount ability? and This plugin your referring is per purchase only? Correct? Thanks again for everything jenkinhill!!!!!