News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Can't add an extra shipping address - no fields show up

Started by Art_Koenig, February 22, 2012, 20:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rvillela

I found the issue! Milbo was spot on!
When I looked at an installation that still had the issue, the shopperfields had the "Show in shipment form" set to disabled. Once I enabled these they show up.

I know that I DID NOT set these to not show, so it must have happened when I upgraded to VM 2.0.2.
Thanks again guys for your help  ;D

Let me know if this works for you Art.

John2400

Great to hear ,
rvillela -

Art ,  actually I answered both.
On the 'February 25, 2012, 20:51:36 PM ' in my earlier post I focussed on the front end and why the shipping of postage was not working and tried to answer one method.

Then I tried to answer the setting for  the back end of the software - If both are no good then - look for the on off buttons - just check them as Milbo suggests.

The only other option that might throw out shipping is that you make the products and in the settings it says  product information >>shoppergroup>> the option says "select some option"  - leave this as is. don't select an option.  just leave it as is and save . Then test that product from the front -

Art_Koenig

the shopperfields had the "Show in shipment form" set to disabled. Once I enabled these they show up.

Nice it did solve the prob! Do not know why they're not enabled by default. Thanks rvillela for your help!

John, sorry you still did not understand my prob ;). I know it's hard to explain this stuff on the forum. Thanks for time and your patience anyway and continue the great work on VM2!

dontflinch

thank you for following up with the solved post!  this was a big help to me too.  I agree these should probably be published in ship form like this by default.

pcmilhouse

I've the same issue with last version VM 2.0.26d.
I can't add another shipment address in shopper management and cart module.

I've shopper fields enabled in "Show in shipment form" except for Joomla users filed.

Is there any way to fix or workaround this issue? I've also tried to change template but with no result.

Regards

Milbo

Hmmm, this post is very old. I would assume that you have some layout override, not using the foreach loop. So new fields are not automatically displayed due your layout override maybe.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

T.A. Garrison, LLC

Hi Milbo,

Yes, this is an old thread, but the issue is still "at large".

I've gone through a lot of posts to find nothing addresses the issue.

V2.0.26d
J2.5.19

A customer complained about their address not valid. When they added their shipping address, "after" they added their billing address, they received the message that the address was not valid.
That's on the front-end.

When I set up the site I had the UPS shipping plugin set for "Address verification" to No.
But, then I changed that to "Yes", and it's been fine for a couple of months.
Today, when having the issue (below), I turned the UPS Address Verification back to "No".
That made no difference.
When I was trying to update my own account from the front-end, I received the error message "That address is not valid".
And, yes. It's a fully valid, functioning address.
That's one problem.

So, in the back-end, I've tried at least a dozen times to see "why" I'm unable to edit the Address 1 and Address 2.
Address-1 is required.
Address-2 is not required.
Both are set to "show" in Registration, Shipment and in Maintenance.

In the back-end, I got to the shopper, and from their "Shopper Information > Shipment Addresses" appears "Add Address", "Shipment" and "Delete "'address".
I select "Shipment".
I make a minor edit in the Address 1, click on "Save", and get the response "user data stored".
That takes me back to the "Shopper Information".
I select "Shipment" again to see if the data was saved.
No...is the answer. It's the same as before I made the change.

I can do the same thing in Address 2, save, and it's not saving.

This is an e-Commerce site with which I'm not at liberty to "play" around.
There are many orders daily, so it's not like I can wipe out anything and reinstall, nor a lot of other "tricks" I could imagine to see if it will resolve the issue.

This is something that I have to look to you to find a resolve.
If you would like to access the site for testing I can arrange that. Just PM me.

In the Joomla portion of the Users, I edited the same profile I attempted through Virtuemart.
I was able to edit the Address 1 "and" Address 2 easily.
My thought was that may update the VM information - but no.
Now, Joomla shows the correct address and VM is wrong.

The only way I got it to change so that the address is correct was to go into the database and do it manually. That took just a few seconds.
The problem is that what happens when the next person has this issue? I don't want to have to go to the db to make that adjustment.

And, in the front-end, the user should not be getting the error message about an invalid address when it's correct.

But I "would" like to find a resolve fairly soon.
Thanks.
Thomas

NOTE: I realize that this thread is about both missing fields as well as the inability to edit the fields.
My case is that all fields show, but "Shipment" field address are not able to be edited.
And the invalid address error is being posted when the address is correct. That may be due to some variances in the way validation works between a US address and elsewhere. I don't know...
T.A. Garrison, LLC
3150 Orleans St. # 28261
Bellingham, WA 98228

Milbo

ohh this sounds complex. I think I need a presentation via skype, you have a pn. Btw, how does it work with vm2.5.5?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

marklask

Hello,
Problem is still valid in version 2.6.10. Could You please check and answer on it?
I can't add shipment address (STaddress) and I can't change address in invoice (BTaddress)

Milbo