Can't add an extra shipping address - no fields show up

Started by Art_Koenig, February 22, 2012, 20:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art_Koenig

Hi there,

Running J2.5.1 and VM2.0.1N, French version.

Might be a simple prob as I didn't see it anywhere else.
During checkout if I click on "add a shipping address" the page has nothing really interactive: no fields to complete basically to add an address. I can't add anything actually. It happens whether I'm checking out as a guest or as a registered user.

Am I the only one with the prob?

You can check it out by trying to order a product at http://bolstibetainschantants.fr/ and try to add a shipping address.

Thanks for your help.

rvillela

I am having the same issue. I thought it was related to my template or something.
When I select the Add/Edit Billing Address, it shows all of the necessary fields  (see attachments).
But, when I click on the Add/Edit Ship Address, I get no fields (see attachments).

Thanks for your help.

Using Joomla 2.5.1 and VM 2.0.2

[attachment cleanup by admin]

John2400

Hi,

sorry my French is non existent but when I click on your address and fill it in to test. You require me to register. Some of us have that turned off so the customer just purchases without having to register.

* that is your option but it makes it hard to test for me.

* The add to shipping options will not show up until you have the Billing address filled in first. The address determines the shipping address " by the zip code, country and state. So please do the test again and fill in an address and then click the shipping and payment options in that sequence.

* so Really the compter is actually waiting for you.

* make sure when you test that you use a real zip code number - place and town .

Milbo

ah you can also just let it empty john, rule in vm2 is always, when you leave it,.. it takes the default value or it is ignored.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

John2400

Yes I do have to laugh as I was trying to read rvillela's Postal information and I can see that there have some extra,
required fields in the address options and I cannot read these to fill in.

* Most Australian's of my age only read and write one language.  Pity us. - So yes, the the registered part you are correct but
I think my answer to the problem is OK.

Just see how you go Rvillela

rvillela

Thanks for the quick responses.
I am not sure I follow your solution "* The add to shipping options will not show up until you have the shipping address filled in first."
I don't think the issue is the "shipping options", it's the "shipping address"

In my example I was able to add the "biling address" and shipping options, but when I tried to add the "shipping address" there are no fields as I indicated in my previous attachments.

I have a test site you can try @ : http://test.nutritionnetwork.com/women/dietary-supplements/all-vitamin-c-detail
I left it open so no registration is necessary.

Thanks again for any assitance.

John2400

OK ,

I should have said the shipping or payment options will not show up until you have the Bill to address filled in.

I tested your site I filled in the Bill to site with a false Zip code of only 4 numbers.

When I do this I see that both select shipping and select pay show up - but I can see that it does not give you options.

OK , several things to look at and then let me know-
* go to shipment in the back - make one shipment name : post1  published yes: shipment method :shipment by weight,zipcode shopper group : default  >>save
Now go to its:     Configuration > countries >> your country>>zip start range>0000000 to zip end >99999999  low weight 0 >>highest weight 1000 >>kg
shipping cost; 10

What this should do is cover all zip codes, all weights of any product.

_------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the payment option -- make one that says - payment
payment method: standard
shopper group >> leave it, so it actually say >> select some options >> do not pick a shopper group. just leave it.

now go and purchase a product or let me know and I'll see what I get.

Also set a weight against - all c vitamins - of say 2 kg or less . ( make sure you check the weight)

rvillela

Are you saying that unless all of the setups are done, you will not be able to add a "shipping address"? That does not seem to make sense to me  :-\
I have done all the setups as you suggested (except payment), but have the same results: no fields presented to add a shipping address.

Unfortunately, I cannot add a shipping address on the backend either because that is also broken (will not save the changes).
I think I may uninstall and reinstall VM.

Ugh! Ok, so after wiping out the database and reinstalling the sample data, things seem to be working properly. There must have been something going on with the upgrade or something.
I am good now. Thanks for your help.

John2400

rvillela,

Just remember in the backend now it should now say that you are up todate as 2.0.2 version ( is now out) .
There should be a green tick where the version update is ( there is a problem with the actual date shown - just ignore that)

Good to see you back and going - often the shipping and payment are not able to be selected due to the customer putting in an incorrect postcode or zip code.
Or you set the product, payment or shipping 'group' 'different from the default"
Hope all goes  well from here.

Art_Koenig

Ok, I've tried to follow this post. This is my comments:

QuoteYou require me to register.

Only registered user can order is set to "no" in the background so I don't really understand this comment. You can definitely place an order on my site without having an account.

QuoteThe add to shipping options will not show up until you have the Billing address filled in first

rvillela made a good point, the problem is not the shipping options but the shipping address. John in all your post you were mentionning shipping and payment methods but that was not the issue. The issue is I can't add a shipping address.

rvillela reinstalled everything and it seems to unlock the add/edit shipping address feature but I'm on a live site and I really do not want to do that. I can tweak a value if the db if needed but I don't want to reinstall everything.

I'm running J2.5.1 and VM2.0.2 stable.

Thanks for your help!

John2400

Hi ,

in some shops The owners require the buyer to register before purchasing any item. You have yours set just like mine so you will be fine . maybe they are worried about lots of spam. ( so your are right with that)

rvillela - just made a statement about the shipping address - There is a front and back end to the software ( What you are both actually saying is that the actual - ( shipping configuration will not work in the backend)

I did not pick this up initially in Rvillela's text.

* So unfortuntly that I cannot help you with. 

* Just remember that when you open the shipping or payment configuration files you must save the first part of the configuration and then only then the second part will be viewable and configurable.

* That that will seem a odd unless it actually works. - ( but in the software for shipping you fillin part A then save and part B will then show up.

* If non of this helps - sorry - you must have a software (bigger issue).   I would suggest typing your own post - and write - "cannot configurae back end shipping- 2.0.2 version"  see then if the programmers can help.

Art_Koenig

:-\ .... Thanks John for your answer but I think you still did not get the problem ;). You're focused on the shipping options, this is absolutely not the issue here.

Quote* Just remember that when you open the shipping or payment configuration files you must save the first part of the configuration and then only then the second part will be viewable and configurable.

* That that will seem a odd unless it actually works. - ( but in the software for shipping you fillin part A then save and part B will then show up.

This has nothing to do with my problem.

As clearly explained in the Title of this topic (I created it), the problem is that user can not add a SHIPPING ADDRESS during check out on the front-end (it has nothing to do with the back-end). If they click the button "Add/edit shipping address" during check out no field show up that they can complete. If I recreate a topic I would put the exact same title.

Who do you think can help me with that?

Milbo

For me it just looks like
either you have a broken require data setup
or you have disabled the shopperfields for shipment in the backend.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rvillela

John, I think in this thread Art and I were talking about the "front-end". I mentioned that my "back-end" did have some issues as well, but I posted a seperate thread for that. We both experienced the same issue that the Shipping Address showed NO FIELDS. As I mentioned, I was able to resolve my issue for the "front-end" by uninstalling and reinstalling.

What I would suggest for Art is to create a Test site, take a backup of your Production site and restore to the Test site (so many hosting companies provide inexpensive hosting with unlimited diskspace). Then experiment with doing an installation OVER (rather than uninstall and reinstall) the existing VM on the test site to see if this fixes the issue or causes any other issues. If all works well, then you can take the same steps on production (after a backup) with minimal impact. If not, try other approaches on the Test enviroment and find the least invasive.

Art_Koenig

Thanks for last answers to both of you.

you have disabled the shopperfields for shipment in the backend.

Could you be more specific Milbo as where to find this option in the back-end? If this is not working I will have to go with rvillela solution and try a full reinstall.