News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Translated words simply don't get displayed

Started by glasya, February 21, 2012, 15:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glasya

Joomla: 2.5
Virtuemart: 2.0.1h

I decided to place this topic in the bug section since it appears to be a bug rather than a faulthy translation issue.
Certain words/sentances simply do not get translated although they DO exist.

I shall give one example:

When editing my profile as a regular user i see: Hello <my username>,

The language string for this in the en-GB file is
COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_MAIL_SHOPPER_NAME="Hello %1$s,"

In my dutch language file i have the following
QuoteCOM_VIRTUEMART_CART_MAIL_SHOPPER_NAME="Hallo %1$s,"

And still it displays the english version, while i have dutch as my standard language and the rest is working properly.
This also applies to the "Bill To" text, in my language file i have "Factuur adres" and it does not get displayed.

This happens in ALOT of pages, so what's the deal here?

luxuryvps

Not too sure on fixing your problem directly, maybe one of the Development Team could help you better.

However JoomlaCommunity have released a Dutch Language file set for VM2. http://download.joomlacommunity.eu/virtuemart/folder/1320-virtuemart_2.html <-- Available for download here. You could try using this language file, at least to test if it works. You can then point the problem/rule out your custom language file as the problem.

Liam
Liam Studham - Graphical Designer / Server Engineer
http://www.luxuryvps.com
VPS & Dedicated Servers - Discounts available for all VM Forum users (PM me)

glasya

I tried that version, it also leaves me with untranslated strings and strings which are displayed in english.

I think it's just weird how 95% of the time it works as it should, and than a few strings which are in the same file with the exact same name as the origional english one don't show up. Further more it is in some cases frustrating to finally find the file responsible for the output on the screen, only to find it's contents to be displayed by some class i can'd find anywhere. I would love to see some more comments in source files telling me where to find the classes they call so i can attempt to fix it there or atleast find the correct language string.

luxuryvps

Im assuming that this is only happening with the same few words all the time(rather than the words sometimes being shown in english, sometimes in dutch)?

If so, you could try downloading the latest language files from the SVN(if you havent already) and try using those for the edit. I know this might seem like starting again, but you could try just translating the words that dont work at the moment in your current language file.

Also, have you tried using JText::_ to replace the words?

Liam
Liam Studham - Graphical Designer / Server Engineer
http://www.luxuryvps.com
VPS & Dedicated Servers - Discounts available for all VM Forum users (PM me)

glasya

Well don't ask me how but all of a suddon they are getting displayed properly translated, i suspect it to be a cache issue.

Perhaps you could answer the following two issues though.

1) When i place a product in my basket whilst not logged in, and than click on buy in the cart i have to create an account and enter my adress info.
This however also displays an unstyled loginform on the top of the page, one which i cannot find with my FTP, i would like to give this a class to style it.

2) In the back-end when viewing orders, the print image works fine, but the one below that (invoice?) opens up a black white page.

Milbo

The problem is that you change the language key in the FE, but they are used in the BE. But dont change it. We just changed the mail and invoice system so that it takes the langkeys from the frontend. So just wait for the version tomorrow.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

glasya

Alright, i will wait for the update and than see if it is resolved.