News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Products aren't showing

Started by drizzt99, February 20, 2012, 20:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drizzt99

Hi,
I've created a new shop (brand new install of the 2.0 version).
Created a new category - fine.
Then created a new product - and it shows nothing.  Even the thumbnail is not showing.
Any idea why?
Here's the link: http://mobileye-europe.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=49&lang=en
User: Test
Pass: 123456
Joomla 1.5, VM 2.0 - brand new installation.

Added later:
Ok, I managed to have progress - I've used the DB tools and installed the sample data.
Seems to work, but I get this error:

vmError: Couldnt create thumb, file not found /home/euplatfo/public_html/mobileye-europe.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/images/stories/virtuemart/category/1b0c96d67abdbea648cd0ea96fd6abcb.jpg
vmError: Couldnt create thumb, file not found /home/euplatfo/public_html/mobileye-europe.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/images/stories/virtuemart/category/1b0c96d67abdbea648cd0ea9

Then I just edited one product, changed its image, and it was ok.

Added later:
I've created my products, then deleted the sample data and... the first error returned.

Can anyone help?

Studio 42

Have you find your errors or not ?
PLz control your config PATH for images in config>>template Tabs
IN Virtuemart Back-end

drizzt99

Path is OK.
I've written down the things I saw in a chronological order.
First I installed a blank installation - and there was a problem getting products.
Then, I tried installing sample data. It worked.  I was able to edit and add new products.
After editing/adding new products, I wanted to delete the sample data.  I deleted it, and got back to the first error: products aren't showing.  I can see there are products, but they are blank and lead to a 404 page (you can see in the link).
Something to note - the same product was OK before I deleted the sample data...

luxuryvps

drizzt99 - do you have any SEF options enabled within joomla at present? Also were they enabled in joomla before installing VM2?

Also were any SEF/SEO plugins enabled on your joomla site before/during/after installation?

Liam
Liam Studham - Graphical Designer / Server Engineer
http://www.luxuryvps.com
VPS & Dedicated Servers - Discounts available for all VM Forum users (PM me)

drizzt99

Hi,
No SEF/SEO on the site.
It's a relatively new installation.