Author Topic: How can i add more SORT options like this website?  (Read 1535 times)

jtnet

• Beginner
How can i add more SORT options like this website?
« on: October 22, 2008, 17:41:46 pm »
In virtuemart you can sort by price and newest, but lets say i want to put jewelry ring products up, if somone wants to just sort with ring with diamonds, or sort just gold rings or sort just silver rings. how would i do this?

this website, does it with shoes where you can sort by leather, or color, options like that. thanks

http://www.dsw.com/dsw_shoes/catalog/collection.jsp?searchType=category&new=true&category=cat20006&level1=cat20006&level0=cat10006

conticreative

Re: How can i add more SORT options like this website?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 03:16:39 am »
You can only sort data you have entered somewhere. It's not magic. So to sort more specifically you'd need to have additional fields in your database for each product that you can sort by.
Products in VM can have attributes, but I doubt you can sort by them. I don;t have VM open in front of me so I may be missing something otherwise obvious but I tend to think that if you need these kind of feature, you need to hire someone to customize your shop and add those fields in your product table.
Maybe I am wrong. Good luck.

DaisySibyl

• Beginner
    • Wedding Invitations
Re: How can i add more SORT options like this website?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 09:27:51 am »
I agree with what conticreative said. You need to insert data in order to be able to sort it in the proper manner