News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM updates are all mucked up

Started by zamzmith, February 18, 2012, 17:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zamzmith

OS X 10.7.3 and MAMP Pro with PHP 5.3.6
Joomla 1.7.3
VirtueMart Shopping Cart 2.0.0RC3
VirtueMart 2.0.2 (Administrator)
VirtueMart_allinone 2.0.0

Installed from: com_virtuemart.2.0.1.h.zip and com_virtuemart_ext_aio_2.0.1.h.zip

VirtueMart control panel screams (in two places) "UPDATE FOUND!"

But following that link says:

Installed version 2.0.2
Latest version 2.0.0

AND if I run the updater Joomla's front end disappears. I can still use the admin backend but http://domain/joomla/ is blank.

Q. Is it just me?

Q. Is it just that VirtueMart is scrambling from the 2.0 release?

Q. Does the VM staff typically run things this sloppy? (presuming I haven't made mistakes)

John2400

Can you get in and change the template ( just back to a default)
I had this myself.
Just a  thought

jenkinhill

Quote from: zamzmith on February 18, 2012, 17:03:59 PM
OS X 10.7.3 and MAMP Pro with PHP 5.3.6
Joomla 1.7.3

Installed from: com_virtuemart.2.0.1.h.zip and com_virtuemart_ext_aio_2.0.1.h.zip

You say you have :

And then installed 2.0.1h? That is a development version, there for testing/debugging by forum members (although some have got working stores using 2.0.1 dev versions). As it is a dev version the "updater" will try to install the "latest" official version - VM2.0.0.  The final version will be 2.0.2 (odd numbers for dev versions, even numbers for stable releases).  WE are now on 2.0.1K with 2.0.1M nearly ready. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98112.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

zamzmith

This is great thanks.

Somehow along the way I became convinced there was no all-in-on zip file in com_virtuemart.2.0.0_extract_first.zip. In try anything mode I found an aio in one of the dev zip archives and assumed the VM staff screwed up not including it in the 2.0.0 archive and that you meant to fix that mistake with the .h release. Unbelievable isn't it.

I'm on the right track now.

Thanks