News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Inserting Template B (good Virtuemart layout) into Template A

Started by outersquare, February 17, 2012, 15:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outersquare

Hey all, just wondering how I go about taking a Virtuemart look and styling from one template and upload it to my existing Joomla site?
I've installed the template (that has the preferred Virtuemart styling) and made it active through my Viruemart window but it still doesn't show? Just my standard Virtuemart?

I am using a Joomla 1.7 template with Virtuemart 2.0.

If anyone can guide me, many thanks in advance.

charles99

Are you talking about a new Virtuemart 2.0 Theme or a totally new template?  If you are talking about theme all you have to do is upload it to the HTML folder of your template, that you are using...

Just the Com_virtuemart folder of your theme.   If its a template just install the new template and select it in joomla template manager area. 

outersquare

I think I'm talking about a new template?
The site I have now is this... http://www.moderndayhippie.com.au/mdh_temp/index.php/modern-day-hippie/cafferia-coffee-detail

But I would like the virtuemart product detail page to carry the same look (I want to retain same colours etc as my site, just like the buttons and the layout) as this site: http://www.outersquare.com.au/test/index.php/virtuemart/product-details

Any suggestions?

outersquare

Thank you Charles. I think I've solved my issue. I am going through each style individually and changing them. Don't know if it's the right way... but it's working!
Thank you.

Ry

charles99

Ok I see... And the template that your link directed me to is using a Gavick.com Template. 

When you are using a Template Club template you should use their starter kit or quickstart template.  These packages are based on the Template Club Demos. So after you upload and install you can then make the changes you want.

If you run into any problems use the template club support forum instead of virtuemart...   You might find fix that you won't find here, especially if the problem is caused by the template framework...