News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Joomla 2.5.1 VM 2.0.1 K

Started by Weaklinks, February 17, 2012, 13:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaklinks

Hi Folks,

Here are a few issues I see with joomla and VM .
some facts :  I was on joomla 1.7 installed VM 2.0  than upgraded to joomla 2.5.1 and upgraded VM to K version .

1) Lost images to products in front end,   backend shows everything normal
2) I have US currency but I tried everything and disabled all other currency still shows  ؋  as default
3) VM - category module ,  It I try to use it to list by a product category it will not even show up on the joomla page but if I list all of them it shows up as a list format.
3) when view products   this is what it looks like at the bottom    StartPrev12NextEnd

Weaklinks

Solved #1  What I did was  went to shop and check images and set them to publish and on the top Synchronize media to VirtueMart  and now the images show up

PRO

click currency, and change the "symbol" i admin

3) pagination; joomla templates normally handle that css. have you examined it with firebug?

category module: post your url

Weaklinks

Thank you for reply , I tried everything in currency it still would not show usd , I also created something for vendor since i am the only one

PRO

Quote from: Weaklinks on February 19, 2012, 19:40:11 PM
Thank you for reply , I tried everything in currency it still would not show usd , I also created something for vendor since i am the only one

in a product, what does the currency setting say?

Weaklinks

Hi ,
Thanks again for reply.
Under product I have it set to United States Dollar but base price below that shows that other currency.
Attached is a screenshot . Thanks again

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

go into your calculation settings, and look at the rules

Weaklinks

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on February 20, 2012, 04:06:14 AM
go into your calculation settings, and look at the rules

Hi ,
Thank you for taking the time to respond .  I looked over everything and I just can't get it to change , I did not have anything in there for calculation and even created one for United states dollar but the pricing still will not change to us format.  do you have any other suggestions please.
Thank You

John2400

Hi weaklinks,

Lets look at few places to check the issue go into Configuration and check your >>currency you mainly use>> look at the decimalpoints, commas etc
Now go to shop>>shop and check that Currency is the one you want and that you have set a list of accepted currencies
Now go to the products a>>Taxation & calculations and make sure is not set to include the product you are testing. Maybe just turn them all off while you test this problem. later turn them back on if you use them.

Now go to the actual product you are selling
eg: products>>products>> and pick one product>> look at the cost price and make sure it is set to the one you use .
Look at the taxes and apply no rule to tax and discount.
Make sure shopper group says"" select some option" don't change this.

Now in the back end Cost price, Base proce and final price should be the same.?
then test the front end.

let us know how you went

glasya

Go to components/com_virtuemart/assets/css/vmsite-ltr.css

Find the following css rule

Quote#bottom-pagination ul li{display: inline;}

Change this to

Quote#bottom-pagination ul li{display: inline; margin-right: 5px;}

Weaklinks

Wow the support and friendliness is amazing ! Thank You all .  but yesterday I took 10 steps back and thought I was being clever and ended up shooting myself in the foot , I will explain in details below.

SO i was having problems with the Afgan dollar only showing up and I decided hey why not just rename the Afgan dollar to the US one so I did that and presto it worked I saw dollar sign and that is where I started to get a ton of errors  this one that is in the main thread
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home/xxxx/www/xxxxxxxxx/test/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/user.php on line 129 and I commented it like someone suggested to do  on the main thread $userId = $vendorModel->getUserIdByVendorId($vendorId);  so I decided to restore default settings and that worked for me and I now I can even set USD the right way .  but since doing that I face a few more problems and I think its because the lack knowledge that is stopping me from resolving this issue .   

So if you guys can help me please  thank you
When going to my site I get on the top  a few errors

1)Attention no standard shopper group set   ( I did set a default group and I created one anonymous one but still shows up
2) Attention, couldnt find currency code in the table for id = 202  I bet you that is from me messing up the currency from before and now that setting is stuck somewhere
3)Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM  I do not think how I fixed it from the other thread is a true fix if anyone knows the correct way of fixing it.
Thank You all

Weaklinks

Well that was easy all I had to do was what was posted in this thread and everything came back together .
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98438.0

Weaklinks

I was wrong again  that helped one part but I was logged into the site and still seeing these errors
        Attention no standard shopper group set

Attention, couldnt find currency code in the table for id = 202

Weaklinks

OK I got currency fixed created /add