News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Discount for single product

Started by maegras, February 16, 2012, 23:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sydawn

Has anyone been able to fix this ???

jenkinhill

Single product discount? That's what the Product Pricing Override is for in the product editor.  That's what I use.

It is possible to make a discount rule and apply it to single products but I think you can only apply that to the final price on the product editor.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MatCat

I am getting this issue in VM3...  I am trying to setup a price structure of 1 for 12.95, 2 for 23.95, 3 for 32.95, I tried to do this by setting up a modifier with a - amount, now if I leave them unpublished and I select to apply the rule to a price it does not work, if I publish the modifiers they automatically apply themselves to everything regardless of rule settings on the product.

MatCat

I was able to cheat by this wierdness by creating a ghost category called Discounts, leaving it unpublished, and giving my discount modifiers the Discounts category and publishing them, now I can apply the rule specifically to a price on a product.  It's a bit of a hack but it works. 

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum