News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Use virtuemart only as website backend

Started by Wagner Netbiis, February 16, 2012, 23:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wagner Netbiis

Hello guys,

I'm developing a website and the layout need much stuff which seems to be very unusual compared to default VirtueMart views (like category hierarchy display, highlights, etc..),  I'm new in Joomla.. so as in VirtueMart, maybe I can do all this learning more about Joomla templates, VirtueMart core, etc... but you guys don't have the docs yet and I don't have much time to do this right now.

The big question is: What you guys think about only use VirtueMart only as website administrator, and I create a website totally independent from Joomla.. just getting the VirtueMart data from DB?

It's OK do this in that way, or you guys encourage to do all stuff using templates and VirtueMart core (to get data, etc)?

Thanks!

jenkinhill

You will still need Joomla to provide the environment & functions for the VirtueMart component.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Wagner Netbiis

Yes, but my idea is use Joomla only for administration area.

And make a website viewed by user completely independent from Joomla. (I'll make the session, logins, DB requests etc... just requesting data from DB generated from administration area).

This is ok? I had this idea, because I'm searching for features to display specific VirtueMart data that isn't in views, and I saw few users making directly SQL requests to display some specific data. If I'll do that, it's better do all site requests myself.

Glad for your response!