News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Almost understand overriding...just need a little push.

Started by riverhawk, February 16, 2012, 16:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riverhawk

So after reading and searching I think I get it, but a couple pieces are missing for me:

Overriding CSS:
I understand you have to move the css files to your template's css dir, make changes, include them in the php file, then disable VM's css setting.

1. Do I have to copy every css file even if I only want to change one since I am disabling css in the VM config?
2. I believe I have to modify the template's index.php file, but I don't know what to add to it to include the new css files.
3. Why do all this if you're just changing a few items? Just to avoid VM upgrade overwrites? Wouldn't you want the latest and greatest from VM, but somehow be able to just override your specific item without having to move ALL the css files(if you have to)?

Overriding Language:
You're supposed to add the line you want to change to the override folder in the language folder.

1. The override language folder is empty...do I create a file? What do I name it? I can add just that one line, correct?

Thanks for any help.

riverhawk