News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Sense of VM 2 shopping cart?

Started by patrik60, February 16, 2012, 16:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrik60

I don't understand the sense of the VM shopping cart. To me it doesn't make sense the way it is now.
When a customer is putting something in the cart he normally  doesn't need to be confronted with billing and shipment address, shipment and payment method, leaving a comment, read and agree terms all at the same time with the first click on "Show cart" ???

Why can't this checkout procedure work as in any other shop on the net?

1. Show cart: this means you simply see what you have put in and can click on a "Checkout" button.
2. Checkout: Depending on the configuration you are prompted to login or create an account or checkout without registration
3. After this you can start with selecting shipment, payment, leaving comments, agreeing to terms etc.

I think the way now is somehow confusing for a customer. Does he really need to see all these informations at the same time after the first click in the first window?
Even if the checkout procedure works fine also this way, I prefer the way it was on VM 1.1.

You may say that I can do this with template overrides. If it is possible I will find the solution. (I didn't also understand why Discount is greyed out instead of hidden, when not in use. So I had to solve this with an override.)

I would be very glad to get an answer. I would like to understand the philosophy behind this.

Regards Patrik

[attachment cleanup by admin]

seanctc

Hi patbe60,
                Checkout my post before your's

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97929.0

I'm of the exact same opinion! and have not got any replies, I thought I was beging a bit picky about the layout of the checkout stages but it DOES not make any sense at all!, you are right its over complicated I can see customers getting very frustrated over this, the old process flow was great in my opinion. I need a fix

maxispin

I agree with this post too.

(these messages should be put together)
VM 3.0.17.6 | VM 2.0.24c | VM 1.1.9

Thomas Kampp

How did you manage to let the user register during checkout?
I am seeing the exact same screenshot as you (without the option of the user to registre during check out even though it is activated in the configuration).

Please also see this thread for pictures: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=112382.msg378056#msg378056
Danish Joomla Services: www.toolmaster.dk
Danish Joomla Services: www.joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla Hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk
Danish Smart Home: www.smart-home-konsulent.dk
Danish Subject Blog: www.sutra.dk