News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Themes and Templates

Started by paulhazell, February 16, 2012, 11:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulhazell

I am new to Virtuemart so if this is a stupid question i apologise in advance!!!

Can i use a joomla template for the overall look of a site, but a different theme for the virtuemart pages?
I am using J2.5 and VM2.0.
I have changed the template view settings on VM pages but i get this error;
The choosen template couldnt found on the filesystem:.......
Is this because i can only use themes from the default template chosen in the joomla template manager?

John2400

No you should be able to play with a variety of templates across
the Joomla and virtuemart modules.

* Upload a simple free template first and then another swap and paly with them - you can have one for admin too.

paulhazell

That's what i thought, but when i try and use a different template i get the following error;
The choosen template couldnt found on the filesystem: CarbonLab

The template is definitely installed and works fine as long as i use it for the entire site, but not just for VM pages.

John2400

I have seen others say that some templates throw out their VM.

So when they chenged it from default they could not get into their shop or see the front page.

* There 4 or 5 default templates - that you can change with out uploading anew one.

Also are you using 2.0.1 (k) ? virtuemart

I just updated from 1.7.5 to 2.5.1 and VM 2.0.1 (k) and have now issue with templates and changing them.

paulhazell

Yes, i'm on K and i have a whole host of issues but i'm working through them one at a time.
Virtuemart is very good, but it really does put you on a learning curve for modifying php and core files.