News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

New pre subrelease VirtueMart 2.0.1 N

Started by Milbo, February 16, 2012, 02:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

janis

i'm in ubuntu right now..

some strange's things happen don't know if it's a bug or i forgot something the put in the php settings..
i install 5.3.9

but when i upload a picture i get a blank page.(not all but some, i did resize them but that didn't help)
if i open it in the front i get a blank page and if i click in the backend i get blank page..
when removed the picture i get the product to see...
Files:  http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

Updates:
https://github.com/VirtueMart/virtuemart/commits/master

love virtuemart when it's 10000% stable like in version 4.5 in the year 2015

ktata57

Today I upgraded 2.0.1 K on Joomla 1.7.3.

I have selected Enable Automatic Selected Shipment and Enable Automatic Selected Payment. I am using only PAYPAL PAYMENT method using VM- Payment,Paypal method. Found two new options in Paypal Payment Method - Let buyers override their PayPal addresses? selected as [No] and  Prompt buyers for a shipping address? selected as [Do not prompt for an address]. But still I am facing following problems.

1. Please select a payment method. I don't see any payment method to select. Since I have selected Enable Automatic Selected Payment and using only one payment method Paypal method should be automatically selected, But see a blank page with Please select a payment method. In fact I am seeing this since I shifted from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 various versions till version 2.0.1 K. I hope this is solved in future versions or final version.

2. After a shopper adds products to cart, and the shipment and payment method are automatically selected, shopper is taken to page where a shopper who should be a registered user can either login or should register but the page shows login username and password and Add/Edit billing address information below containing just Email and I agree to the Terms of Service to fill. I have attached picture to show this. Instead of Add/ Edit billing address information how to add register below form with required fields?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Freik

Bug:
Blank screen with the only HTML coming from the server being '<!-- SHTML Wrapper - 500 Server Error -->'. Both frontend and backend, and all pages on them, display nothing.

Here's what I did. I was trying to put up a ZIP folder as a downloadable product:
Created a new media item in the Media menu, gave it a unique name, set it for 'for sale', entered the files location on the server, selected 'Replace Thumbnail', browsed to an image on my machine, hit Save.

Here's a few errors from my server log that appear when I try to access my site after the bug:
[Thu Feb 16 23:41:10 2012] [error] [client 174.***.***.***] SoftException in Application.cpp:601: Directory "/home2/account/public_html/siteroot" is writeable by group
[Thu Feb 16 23:41:10 2012] [error] [client 174.***.***.***] Premature end of script headers: index.php
[Thu Feb 16 23:41:10 2012] [error] [client 174.***.***.***] Premature end of script headers: 500.php
[16-Feb-2012 23:28:30] PHP Warning:  Missing argument 2 for VirtueMartModelMedia::store(), called in ***/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/controllers/media.php on line 76 and defined in ***/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/media.php on line 337

The only way to fix it (that I found) was to reinstall Joomla. I reproduced this twice.

UPDATE: I managed to reproduce this a few more time and I also found a way to bypass it. If I first just upload the product image, set it as 'for sale', then save, I can then go back and point its URL to the ZIP folder. Kind of a roundabout way, but at least it doesn't destroy the site.

Milbo

Freik, you must first upload the image using save. So you tried to replace a thumbnail of a non existing media.

Imho the real bug is that it shows "replace thumb" when you press on new.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

ktata57

I think this a setting problem, look on your shopperfields.

can you do a screenshot of this please? "1. Please select a payment method. I don't see any payment method to select. "
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

smimish

Another little bug:
go to Configuration -> Shopper Fields.
The navigation toolbar in the footer does not show buttons "next, previous" etc. It just shows "Display # 10"

cas

Someone changed the vmsite-ltr.css and now on the product details page the Related Products display in a single column.  We had fixed this before so related products went across the page.  Here is the correct css:

/* Related Products */
.product-related-products {width:100%;display:inline-block;padding-bottom:0;}
.product-related-products .product-field {width:15%;float:left;margin-bottom:15px;text-align:left;}
.product-related-products .vm-img-desc {font-size:9px;text-align:left;}

They also modified the Additional Images and now they don't look as good.  Here is the correct css:

/* Additional Images */
.additional-images div {width:15%;float:left;margin-bottom:15px;}
.additional-images .vm-img-desc {font-size:9px;text-align:left;}

Can someone please add this back into the vmsite-ltr.css

lipes

Hi Milbo.

1 - It's possible to see (somewhere) what's the last VM2 version that we have instaled?  I don't remember if i already got instaled the 2.0.1 k or any other version...

2 - A month ago I wrote here ( http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96363.0 ) that I found a possible error in the module virtuemart product .. but no one has answered yet .. or corrected my question.

The file default.php in line number 5

if ($ products_per_row> 1) {$ float = "floatleft";}

What I think should be:
if ($ products_per_row> 1) {$ float = "float:left";}

correct?

3 - in the Zip file com_virtuemart_ext_aio_2.0.1.K.zip  we got this code in synchrow.cmd
xcopy C:\Users\Milbo\Coden\workspace\VM2_j17\language C:\Users\Milbo\Coden\workspace\VM2-AllInOnceInstaller\admin\languageFE /Y /E
this is normal or we have to change this line?
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

PRO

floatleft should b a css class in your  css folder.
THATS a class, not style

ktata57

Hi Milbo,

I am sending screenshots as attachments for my queries/problems as requested.

1. Please select a payment method. Even after selecting Enable Automatic Selected Payment and using only one payment method Paypal method which should be automatically get selected but it is not getting selected and I see just a blank page with Please select a payment method as shown in the screenshot attachment. In fact I am seeing this since I shifted from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 various versions till version 2.0.1 K. I hope this is solved in future versions or final version.

2.Shopper Fiields Actually I don't want shipping details as my site sells downloadable products. But I do not see any option for this. So I selected Enable Automatic Selected Shipping option and created a shipment method with name "No shipment required" Unlike the above single payment method that does not get automatically selected this single shipment method "No shipment required" is automatically getting selected.

Now after a shopper adds downloadable products to cart, and the shipment and payment method should be automatically selected, shopper is taken to page where a shopper who should be a registered user can either login or should register but the page shows login username and password and Add/Edit billing address information below containing just Email and I agree to the Terms of Service to fill.

Instead of Add/ Edit billing address information how to add register below form with required fields?

Since I do not want shipping details, I have not used the address, pincode, country and the rest shopper fields. Also I have removed email, password, agreed terms of service, name, and username shopper fields from show in shipment form but are included in Show in registration form. Now even if I want I cannot activate show in shipment form. What to do?  I am sending screenshots of my shopper fields page and the shopping cart page.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

lipes

Hi  BanquetTables.pro

But if i change to that code to the default floatleft my random products displays the products in wrong way!!
if i change to float:left   works fine!!
So what's wrong with this?!

my HTML code says that this is a style, not a class:
<div style="floatleft" class="width20">

so it's a error / bug for me! :/

PRO

Quote from: prolipes on February 18, 2012, 19:15:49 PM
Hi  BanquetTables.pro

But if i change to that code to the default floatleft my random products displays the products in wrong way!!
if i change to float:left   works fine!!
So what's wrong with this?!

my HTML code says that this is a style, not a class:
<div style="floatleft" class="width20">

so it's a error / bug for me! :/

this has been fixed , in the next release

lipes

PRO

Quote from: prolipes on February 18, 2012, 19:50:12 PM
so.. its an error, right?

You can call it an error, i will call it an oversight, after all. I am the one that did it :D

lipes

ok BanquetTables.pro!  Now i see that this is solved in last version 2.0.1 N .. its fine! :)

But I got another problem ... my add to cart button doesnt work...
I try to click in random products .. doesnt work..
i click on picture.. and go to product display page... and also try to add the product to the cart.. but nothing works!! :/