News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Attributes/Custom Fields for shoes

Started by dorex, January 03, 2012, 10:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorex

Hi, I just installed VM 2 on Joomla 1.7.3. I want to setup a shop for someone who sells shoes (3 or four brands, but a lot of shoes ... over a hundred models).
I can't figure it out how to create a list of custom fields/attributes (all the possible sizes) for each of the brands.
Let's say we sell 2 brands: ABC and XYZ. Because different brands have different sizes, than each brand must have a different list of sizes (because each size will be shown in US, European and centimeters, and it will look like this:  "7-41-26  [US-EU-cm]" for brand ABC, or "7-41.5-26.5  [US-EU-cm]" for brand XYZ.).

I'm asking if there's any possibility when I create a product (by brand ABC) to load the whole list of ABC sizes with one click, and then just remove the sizes unavailable for that specific product?
If this can be done please advise ... I've searched and read a lot, but I feel like I'm circling around. Thank you in advance.
PHP 5.2.17 - Joomla 2.5.8 - Virtuemart 2.0.16

dorex

isn't there anyone who can answer to my question?
PHP 5.2.17 - Joomla 2.5.8 - Virtuemart 2.0.16

mavors83

HI dorex,

did you solve your problem?

thanks

PRO

There is a custom field product specification. Thet will liat attributes. Formerly known as product types.

They are not the same as options. Select options by using a template of sizes and colors is very possible. But not in the core.

The core is built in a way that the plugin system can extend it pretty well.