Author Topic: HELP, need a 2 -3 tier commission program for sales of product  (Read 3945 times)

roclok

• Beginner
HELP, need a 2 -3 tier commission program for sales of product
« on: February 13, 2012, 23:11:20 pm »
I am looking for something simple and proven preferably free or really cheap. 

All I need for now is a way for a sales rep to login and put place an order or give a code to someone to place an order themselves.  The sales Rep gets a commission for the sale, and the person who brought on that sales rep gets a commission, not a long line MLM thing but a simple 2-3 tier system.  People will be paid for selling product not just for bringing people onboard.

I would like something where people can manage their own people, and see their commissions, so fairly simple and user friendly.  I do not want them playing in the backend of our existing site, we are just thinking of a way to have people sell our products to their friends and get paid for it.

Once they place the order it should e-mail the real customer like it does now, we ship the product to the customer like we do now.  Essentially this is a drop shipping program for the masses and a way for people who like our stuff to make some cash in the process.

So does anyone know of something like this, I have seen affiliate marketing programs that track clicks, banner ads and a bunch of stuff we do not care about.  I have seen some complex 10 tier MLM programs that also pay on bringing people on and again not what we need.

We are using Joomla 1.5 and Virtumart 1.1.9

Thanks in advance!

roclok

• Beginner
Re: HELP, need a 2 -3 tier commission program for sales of product
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 19:53:25 pm »
Did anyone have questions on what I was looking for?

jschafer52

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 17:40:29 pm »
did you ever find such a thing?  I would be interested also.

roclok

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 01:20:37 am »
nope, seems like several people are looking but no one knows of anything.

John2400

• Virtuemart - the Future is ever Changing
  • Global Moderator
  • VirtueMart Version: Use VM3.0.12
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 02:30:39 am »
Hi at the present moment,
the VM team are working on The multi vendor option where you can add sepearte vendors to the one shop. the idea being that you could have one shop for a number of persons.

* I see quite a few people looking at your question so I though I'd just add a thought.   
* If you had one person doing the the shop - they control stock, products uploading etc.
* * Your sales reps really they don't need any access as they are promoting / selling your products -
* They simply email - images and costs to the store controller who puts up the products -
* To sell they then find a customer - they the sales rep puts the product in the shopping cart while sitting with the customer - the customer puts in their own details but you have added an extra field - the extra field could simply be a code of the seller or could be their email, name etc. 
the customer will get the product - you will be able to tell which sales rep sold the product and no one wil be able to access the site.

* to make it really basic - all reps have a given number - the customer could go home - purchase the product themselves and type the reps code in the extra filed themselves.
* at the end of the month - as a finance option ( software  like MYOB - that interacts with VM could easily sort commissions based upon one filed - which would be the sellers code)
* Or siimpy download the Data base and sort in Excel - spreadsheet.

* the only limited option to give a seller to login and have access is to given them a public and administrator password - ( they need to be admin to get access to VM) - but that also gives them accesss to maybe too much access in Joomla and also they can see "orders and sales" - so that is not really an option for you.

* there is some software that I have seen in the Joomla extensions that does allow an upload and storage of images to the Website "instead of email" - look in extensions 'communication' free - here that click add an email or contact sales rep name and then attach, picture, cost etc. and it uploads to the website- the store will get an email notification.

In reality VM - multi - vendor option is not far away from trials - but limited access to some modules is being looked at.
* I am not part of the team that is developing the software in that area.

* MYOB - example http://www.m2j.com.au/