News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Custom field with stockable varient

Started by mabeall32, February 13, 2012, 22:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabeall32

Is there instructions on how to set this up.  I have finally been able to set up to do a dropdown and select size. It works fine, but I wish it didn't have "No additional charge" after the size.  What I really need is to set it up so it will check inventory.  But nothing I find shows me how to set it up.  the instructions under WIKI is incomplete and it works if you doing kits but I need to be able to select sizes and take it out of inventory.

goarynych

I'm interested in this! So, please, anybody help us...

rasalghul

How did you set up this???
I have not understand the function.
Can you show us a sample??

komir

Channel Digital

Could also do with help on this...

I see the beginnings of a manual here, but it is unfinished....: http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Product_custom_fields_with_stock_control

Thanks

mabeall32

I've tried that. it works OK if you setting up kits where multiple products need to come out of inventory, but it doesn't let you select size or color or other stuff.

MaHe29

Quote from: mabeall32 on February 13, 2012, 22:26:18 PM
Is there instructions on how to set this up.  I have finally been able to set up to do a dropdown and select size. It works fine, but I wish it didn't have "No additional charge" after the size.  What I really need is to set it up so it will check inventory.  But nothing I find shows me how to set it up.  the instructions under WIKI is incomplete and it works if you doing kits but I need to be able to select sizes and take it out of inventory.

You can delete the "No additional charge" in the virtuemart langues file

radikal27

Hello everyone,

I'm a french new memeber and I really would like to USE VM2 which is intalled for now more thanone month on my website...
In fact I would like to create a stickers product with different attributes (size color etc...) with sock control for each model.
If I do well understand, this is with this method: http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Product_custom_fields_with_stock_control
But I don't manage do make that work properly...
Does anyone do it???
If so, is it possible to do a clear explanation step by step and if possible with images...
Thanks a lot in advance.
;)

Freshview

Hi,

I am also needing to get this function working. I am selling clothes and need to have stock control on the sizes for sale of the various items I have.

For example, i have 2 x size 11, 1 x size 10.

I have followed the wiki: http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Product_custom_fields_with_stock_control. The plugin shows on a stock item. I add a variant and this shows in the plugin.
The product in the shop now shows the title of the plugin, and this is it. When I look in the admin backend, I now have 2 child products listed. The child product has the details added from the plugin in the main product but nothing else (no price, date available, images etc). If I then add the other details in the child product, it is listed as a separate product in my store.

What I need is the main product to show the variant (size), so the customer selects this in the main product and my stock control is adjusted on the backend and once a size is out of stock, it is no longer available to order.

I hope someone can explain how to set this up.

I can see there are a lot of people wanting to use this function.

Regards
Phil