News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM 2 checkout process complicated, opinions

Started by seanctc, February 12, 2012, 23:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunburst WebConsult

Hi Milbo :-)

Will VM2 get an easier checkout process in the near future? :-)

I found this "one page checkout" extension that works for VM2: http://www.rupostel.com/checkout/one-page-checkout-for-virtuemart

Could this become core some day... so we - without hacking and extending - have a quick checkout?

And again - thank you so much for all you do for the community :-)

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Sunburst WebConsult

Hi Milbo :) did you see my question above? :-)

MaHe29

Thanks Milbo, but I prefer the way I've edited the process now.
This way the customer see less fields when placing an order making the process quicker with no fields that can cause any questions. If you like you can see the test version of my website here http://themaximumhealthshop.eu/
I'm still struggling with the stackable child products, but i expect to figure this out today, so i can get my site live (Finally)

maxispin

I have radically minimized the layout. See it here:  http://kraana.fi/index.php/ostoskori

The billing address is retitled as shipping address (toimitusosoite). The shipping address is removed. The user login is removed.

This kind of layout I prefer.

VM 3.0.17.6 | VM 2.0.24c | VM 1.1.9

rustle

Hey Milbo

Wouldn't it be easier to have the select payment/select shipment set up as a drop down list in the cart

this would significantly streamline the 1-page process.

MichaelStevens

Everybody that is looking for a simpler way, we will be releasing a one page checkout for VM2 that DOES NOT hack the core. This way you will be able to install updates normally, etc. It should be ready this weekend or early next week! Please email me if you are interested. info [at] michaelstevensdesign [dot] com

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Sunburst WebConsult

Looks VERY good :-)

Hopefully it will become core someday so we don't have to extend with all the complications it sometimes has.

Anik

Yeah, there should be a drop down selection for guest and registered use.
www.downloadhutz.com - Free Softwares | www.gangoos.com/seo - Free SEO Info

patrik60

I don't like absolutely the checkout process of VM 2. After registring or just leaving address a new customer has to select  first shipment method. Then he has to click "save" (why save instead of continue???). After he will be redirected to the cart (???). Then he has to click again "checkout now". After choosing the payment method (again "save" instead of "continue") he will be redirected again to the cart.  He will then click again "checkout now" and get the message "Please accept the terms of service to confirm" (he can do this also in the registration form, but there is no link to read the terms). And finally he can confirm the order.

Sorry, but this is not the way how a shopping cart should work. May be your intension with this confusing way of checkout process is to buy the one checkout page component.

Yes, I bought it. But in my opinion your way is wrong. It's ok for a returning customer when you enable "Automatic Selected Shipment" and "Automatic Selected Payment". A first time customer should go through every step without returning all the time to the shopping cart.

jenkinhill

You can change the layout to make it simpler. An exemple of this is here, where the developer has set up a single page checkout:  http://www.linelab.org/virtuemart-templates/index.php/virtuemart-2-example/cart
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Sunburst WebConsult

It looks so great... but I don't understand why this is not core... it would make VM2 so much better :-)

jenkinhill

Design and layout flexibility is built into VM2 simply by using overrides. I think a lot of people have difficulty in realising or adapting to this - although we did use class overrides in VM1 for people who wished to use it, not many took advantage of it.

IMO the VM core developers should be working on a stable, fuctional core. They are not professional designers, although they have produced something that works and is being used on live sites. As time goes on I'm sure that more layout override "packages" will be made available by third party developers to help out those who do not have a clue about code or have difficulties in that area.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

patrik60

Ok, looks nice. But no amount of the products in the cart (May be it's not compatible with VM 2.0.3H) and 75 validation errors! also 45 on their site.