News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM 2 checkout process complicated, opinions

Started by seanctc, February 12, 2012, 23:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanctc

Hi,
     My first time using VM2 and am impressed the only thing I don't like is the checkout process, when a user goes to checkout they are greeted with an overly complicated page in my opinion, the Add/ edit shipping address and billing address buttons, is this the new "one click checkout" i've heard about?, I quite liked the old fool proof stages of VM 1.1 where the user was greeted with the page displaying there items, then the next page LOG in or new users and so forth,
     I'm wondering about peoples opinion on this? I showed it to a friend of mine to get a second opinion and it looks far too busy!, is there a way to change this process? or should I just clean it up a bit?.
     Also while i'm here, upon clicking on add to basket a jquery box appears stating I have added the product etc.. does anyone know what I would overide in my vies to change this?, is it in Cart?

Thanks,
Sean.

chadgarber

Chad Garber
Web Developer/Computer Support
Garber Consulting, Inc.
http://garberconsulting.net

seanctc

Quote from: chadgarber on February 14, 2012, 14:08:46 PM
agreed

I'm wondering if anyone has come across a better checkout process? a module etc.. I wouldnt mind paying for one that replicates the old one,

jayrb

I couldn't agree more! I'm trying to learn to live with it, but am strongly considering a rewrite of the checkout process. Not exactly something I've budgeted for. The VM 1.1 process was excellent and followed the accepted norm that online shoppers have come to expect. Very difficult to understand why this has been changed and so drastically.

To the VM team, you've done great work here and people are trying to follow the changes to this process. Perhaps you might elaborate why you've chosen to change the checkout process so we can understand better.

Thanks,
Jay

maxispin

I agree.  The process is confusing.

At least address should not be displayed before the Checkout button is pressed.
VM 3.0.17.6 | VM 2.0.24c | VM 1.1.9

Atti

agreed, I used VM for 4 years now but if this isn't solved I will have to stop using it. I'm using VM2 for only one site and I get so many confusing emails about checkout not being straight forward.
The old way was perfect and cannot understand why and how this VM2 checkout was invented...

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

maxispin

VM 3.0.17.6 | VM 2.0.24c | VM 1.1.9

patrik60

QuotePlease try 2.0.2 it has a better checkout.

Sorry, can't see any differences but the TOS. To me it's still overloaded. I prefer the checkout process of VM 1.1 since this matches more the standard of an online shop.

Regards Patrik

Milbo

The difference is not in the layout patbe60. The difference is that it is now a true one click checkout, when you are already registered. When you dont want that people can use their individual way, you can easily overwrite it per template and remove the Add address, select payment and select shipment. Then the people have to go through the checkout process. You can also connect that to the variable controlling the button, to show the stuff, when the people did the checkout.

But that is a matter of taste. I dont like shops which force me due a checkout process. I like it more to be able to enter it as I want to. This questions depends on your average shopper, your audience.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

patrik60

QuoteBut that is a matter of taste. I dont like shops which force me due a checkout process. I like it more to be able to enter it as I want to. This questions depends on your average shopper, your audience.
Yes, I agree with you. But I don't exactly understand what you mean with this:
QuoteYou can also connect that to the variable controlling the button, to show the stuff, when the people did the checkout.

Sunburst WebConsult

Hi :-)

First of all - thank you SO MUCH for creating VirtueMart :-)

I love VM2 but my clients often tell me that it takes way too many clicks and page loads to go through the checkout process. I agree with them.

Any news about a more quick and simpel checkout for VM2?

MaHe29

I've unchecked "ask for registration" in the backend. So people can check out without creating an account, but doenst show the options needed to create an account.
If people want to create an user account they can create one with the module í've placed on the right colom.

Milbo

this is the wrong method MaHe29, please look here http://virtuemart.cloudaccess.net/my-account/editaddresscartBT

This is our normal way, just a matter of setting, the standard should already be that way. I should check a fresh install.