Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Cannot delete Orders

Started by dimarini, February 11, 2012, 12:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dimarini

Hello,
A strange thing happened!
In the backend in component Virtuemart, Orders & Shoppers I want to delete some orders!
When I tried to do so a red notice appeared saying "Order could not be deleted. VirtueMartModelOrders::remove 30"!
What is the problem and how to delete this order?

Thank you!

John2400

This happened to me,

After updating to 2.0.1 e then f it disappeared.

Could you write to show which versions you are using.

knirving

I had the same issue today on two sites at 1.5.26 and VM 2.0.6

Received this Error:

vmError:
        vmError: VirtueMartModelOrders::remove 12
        Order could not be deleted.

topart

estaser

Can you remove the orders? I have de same problem...  :'(

Clocked0ne

Same problem here also on Joomla 1.7 and VM 2.0.6

ZX81

I had got this problem on v2.0.4. My problem was caused when I deleted my paypal payment method (I was trying to fix another problem). I found that the orders have a link to the payment method and for some reason VM tries to validate the payment method on delete. The only way I could get around this was to delete the orders directly from the database.

Did you delete a payment method? If not maybe you deleted something else that is mandatory for orders?

ZX

Clocked0ne

Nothing was changed between the orders being placed and attempting to delete them, one was a new order placed only yesterday. As they are test orders I simply deleted them from the database and it is no big deal, live orders will simply be cancelled as necessary instead.

Tikkiro

Glad to find I'm not alone on this one.  For me, it's primarily test orders that never went through to payment I'm unable to get deleted in the component but, as others have mentioned, it's relatively easy to do in the database although more care is required as it's not always so easy to be sure and of course easy, when you know your way around the DB - not so for a newbie :(   Perhaps the VM guys will take notice & work to provide a fix soon.

John2400

I too could not delete some orders -

I thank the developers for having a look and I found they can be deleted in the PHP myadmin - table ***.virtuemart .orders ** I pulled up the orders page in VM2 back end and then opened the table as well and deleted one at a time then refreshed - just to make sure -.

* always best to backup first - .

Allen_K

It's January 2013, and I'm having this problem with VM 2.0.18a on Joomla 2.5.8. When I try to delete a test order, I get:

vmError: Seems the used shipmentmethod got deleted
vmError: TableOrders delete Order shipmentTable = #__virtuemart_shipment_plg_ `virtuemart_order_id` = 19 dbErrorMsg
vmError: VirtueMartModelOrders::remove 19

I did not change shipment methods or anything else between creating the test order and attempting to delete it. Hopefully the developers will add this to the bugs to be fixed

ufo_hk

Joomla 2.5.9 Vm 2.0.20b recently updated from 2.0.18

Tried deleting order in admin - received error message:
vmError: Seems the used shipmentmethod got deleted
vmError: TableOrders delete Order shipmentTable = #__virtuemart_shipment_plg_ `virtuemart_order_id` = 19 dbErrorMsg
vmError: VirtueMartModelOrders::remove 1

So entered database "xxxx_virtuemart_orders" table and deleted offending order. Seemed to work fine as order disppeared.

However considering that the OP was logged over a year ago would be nice for someone to confirm if this is a suitable/correct solution

t68

Also have problems removing some testorders. get error message:
"vmError:
vmError: VirtueMartModelOrders::remove 16
Order could not be deleted."

Weird thing: when I mark an order and press delete the name and email in the order is deleted and I end up with an almost empty order with an ID that cannot be deleted.

Se some posts about entering the DB to remove. How do I do that. Not familiar with doing stuff directly in the DB.

ufo_hk

@t68

Follow instructions in this thread from ivus - re manually deleting orders:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=107570.0

You need to access your database to edit usually via PHPmyadmin, check with your hoster.