News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Fail trying to create Product Category

Started by dazd, February 11, 2012, 07:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazd

When I go to VM>Products>Product Categories>New I get a weird page, the layout is all messed up and just shows the links of VM on the left side of the page.
Simple fix?

Thanks!

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

PaulT

I am using VirtueMart 2.0.0 and since updating to Joomla Version 2.5.1 I am getting the same thing:
Quote from: dazd on February 11, 2012, 07:38:21 AM
When I go to VM>Products>Product Categories>New I get a weird page, the layout is all messed up and just shows the links of VM on the left side of the page.
Simple fix?

Thanks!

Hujub

You need to update to 2.0.1 as 2.0 does not work with joomla 2.5

circlecast

Thank you the 2.01f update was just the ticket to fixing the problem with the categories

dazd

I upgraded to 2.0.1f and it works now. but now when I go to a Virtuemart page on the front end of my site I get this Warning message
"Info: Assign the component VirtueMart to a menu item"

What's that about?

Thanks,
Jon

jenkinhill

It is telling you that you have not assigned VM to a Joomla menu item......
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dazd

I am unaware of how to do that in VM 2, I have been using VM 1.7 for over a year now. This seems different to me when doing that, I'm use to getting the id from the VM category and then linking it.
How do you do it in VM 2?

Thanks, can always count on Jenkinhill!

Quote from: jenkinhill on February 12, 2012, 10:33:19 AM
It is telling you that you have not assigned VM to a Joomla menu item......

jenkinhill

dazd, all you have to do is create a new menu item in Joomla's main menu manager, when you select Menu Item type (in Joomla 1.7/2.5) you will see a list of possible Virtuemart link options (you may need to scroll down). The list is something like
VirtueMart
            Shopping Cart
            VirtueMart Categories Layout
            VirtueMart Category Layout
            Manufacturer Default Layout
            Manufacturer Details Layout
            List Orders
            Product Details Layout
            Account Maintenance
            User Edit Address
            COM_VIRTUEMART_VENDOR_VIEW_CONTACT_TITLE
            Displays vendors
            Displays vendor details
            View vendor TOS
            Default Layout

Select default layout.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

dazd

I did that, but it's still showing the warning message: Info: Assign the component VirtueMart to a menu item
and on my homepage it shows this message: Info: COM_VIRTUEMART_ASSIGN_VM_TO_MENU I assume it's the same warning as the above warning.
Not sure what I am may be doing wrong. But I did assign it to a menu and did what you said. :/
Here is my site that I am currently working on www.pvtests.com

Quote from: jenkinhill on February 13, 2012, 10:38:29 AM
dazd, all you have to do is create a new menu item in Joomla's main menu manager, when you select Menu Item type (in Joomla 1.7/2.5) you will see a list of possible Virtuemart link options (you may need to scroll down). The list is something like
VirtueMart
            Shopping Cart
            VirtueMart Categories Layout
            VirtueMart Category Layout
            Manufacturer Default Layout
            Manufacturer Details Layout
            List Orders
            Product Details Layout
            Account Maintenance
            User Edit Address
            COM_VIRTUEMART_VENDOR_VIEW_CONTACT_TITLE
            Displays vendors
            Displays vendor details
            View vendor TOS
            Default Layout

Select default layout.

dazd

My site layout is going to be different then most VM site, probably. Rather than clicking on a menu item that is a default VM layout, I am making menu it's articles so I can display an image of VM categories. So if you click on for example a menu Electronics it'll bring you to an article layout with image for different products like GPS, Cell Phones, TVs, when you click on an image it brings you to that VM product default layout.
I like doing it this way so I can easily style the category images, I'll just link the image to the product layout.
Hope that's not to confusing to understand lol!

Thanks again Jenkinhill
Jon

dazd

Message still appears :/ can't get rid of it.
Any help? I did as said, but can't get it to work.

Thanks

jenkinhill

Are you using a language other than English?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

dazd

No sir,

I am using English. Here is my site if it helps any, www.pvtests.com