News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Need a new manual for VM 2 - can't figure out how to add customfields

Started by beevo, February 09, 2012, 15:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KatieBurnes

Hi,

finally tracked down the problem and found a fix here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96366.0

Basically there seems to be some ajax issue (I have Jomsocial installed). The only problem now is at the top of the Custom field page I get this message: COM_VIRTUEMART_CUSTOM_SAVE_FROM_CHILD with a checkbox next to it :-\. It doesn't seem to be causing a problem so I shall just leave it there.

Hope this helps others who are using Jomsocial with virtuemart. A massive thanks to renegadesk who made the effort to post the solution :)

rustle

this sounds like a template issue
try switching to one of the default Joomla template , like beez5 and see if you are experiencing the same issue

leoeagle

Hello,

Can i have a product with 3 different sizes, each size with a different price and when i select one size the price will be updated automatically?

What i can at the moment:

T-shirt white 10€

Size S
Size M +2€
Size L +3€

What i want:

T-shirt white

Size S 10€
Size M 12€
Size L 13€

It's possible?

maxispin

Quote from: leoeagle on March 08, 2012, 23:49:57 PM
Can i have a product with 3 different sizes, each size with a different price and when i select one size the price will be updated automatically?
.. read « Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 15:27:39 PM »
VM 3.0.17.6 | VM 2.0.24c | VM 1.1.9

leoeagle

My english it's a little poor and it's hard to explain what i would make :-[

i've already created a product and i've added a custon field with 4 different prices... It works but not like i want.

so i've a product with a sales price of 10€, and 3 different sizes, each size with a a different price... When i choose a size, the final value of the product will be 10€ more the value that i configured on the custon field and i only can see the total value of my choice on the shopping chart.

this could cause some confusion about different prices for different sizes of the same product and what i pretend choose the size with the right price...

What i can do at the moment:

T-shirt

Sales price - 10€

Size S +0
Size M +2
Size L +3

So if i choose the M size i'll have to pay 12€ but i'll see one this value on the shopping chart... the sales price will continue 10€

What i pretend it's one way of the sales price of the product change when i choose a different size or make something like this:

Sales price - from 10€

Size S - 10€
Size M - 12€
Size L - 13€

First question: Anyone understand what i pretend? ;D
Second question: Anyone can help me? :P