News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Category Page Fields for Templating

Started by PRO, February 08, 2012, 19:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandig

Hi,

I'm trying to add the manufacturer's name in category view too. I spent a lot of time on this but right now still no success.

Is there someone out there who can help me?

Thanks in advance.

dontflinch

I am trying to add a pdf icon and function to our full product listing in the category / default view.

I have tried both of these with no success yet:

<?php

$link 'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=0';

echo $this->linkIcon($link '&format=pdf''COM_VIRTUEMART_PDF''pdf_button''pdf_button_enable'false);

?>

<?php

$link 'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category';

echo $this->linkIcon($link '&format=pdf''COM_VIRTUEMART_PDF''pdf_button''pdf_button_enable'false);

?>

it doesn't break but just looks like a regular page.

any suggestions?

PRO

Quote from: dontflinch on May 09, 2012, 19:06:09 PM
I am trying to add a pdf icon and function to our full product listing in the category / default view.

I have tried both of these with no success yet:

<?php

$link 'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=0';

?>

<?php

$link 'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category';

?>

it doesn't break but just looks like a regular page.

any suggestions?

WHAT are you trying to do?

Send them straight to the pdf product details view?

what are you sending them to category?
$link = 'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category';

dontflinch

Hi BTpro, thanks for the reply.  I am trying to pdf the entire listing page, not a particular detail.  The product detail pdf function works great but we want our entire catalog listing to be pdf'able.  I will pm you a link to the page I mean.

pierretraf

I'm using Virtuemart 2 and I would like to open the product detail in a new window when the "product detail" or product name is clicked on. The currently open in the same window. I know it should be target="_blank" but how do I implement that on the category default page?

It has to be specified somewhere in here:
<div class="product-details2 floatright">
               <?php // Product Details Button
               echo JHTML::link($product->link, JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_DETAILS'), array('title' => $product->product_name,'class' => 'product-details'));
               ?>
               </div>

PRO

Quote from: pierretraf on May 15, 2012, 12:48:39 PM
I'm using Virtuemart 2 and I would like to open the product detail in a new window when the "product detail" or product name is clicked on. The currently open in the same window. I know it should be target="_blank" but how do I implement that on the category default page?

It has to be specified somewhere in here:
<div class="product-details2 floatright">
               <?php // Product Details Button
               echo JHTML::link($product->link, JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_DETAILS'), array('title' => $product->product_name,'class' => 'product-details'));
               ?>
               </div>

<a target="_blank" href="<?php echo $product->link ?>" ><?php echo $product->product_name ?></a>

euge001

Hello!

Sorry for stupid question, but

I tried to put Link

Image to product page
<?php echo JHTML::_('link', JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id='.$product-
>virtuemart_product_id.'&virtuemart_category_id='.$product->virtuemart_category_id),$product->images[0]->displayMediaThumb
('class="browseProductImage" border="0"',false)); ?>

This code everywhere, but I just saw after that only white screen.
Could someone please explain me where exactly to put this piece of code to avoid a mistake.

Thank you!

PRO

Quote from: euge001 on June 06, 2012, 18:57:17 PM
Hello!

Sorry for stupid question, but

I tried to put Link

Image to product page
<?php echo JHTML::_('link', JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id='.$product-
>virtuemart_product_id.'&virtuemart_category_id='.$product->virtuemart_category_id),$product->images[0]->displayMediaThumb
('class="browseProductImage" border="0"',false)); ?>

This code everywhere, but I just saw after that only white screen.
Could someone please explain me where exactly to put this piece of code to avoid a mistake.

Thank you!

change this
<?php /** @todo make image popup */
                     echo $product->images[0]->displayMediaThumb('class="browseProductImage" border="0" title="'.$product->product_name.'" ',true,'class="modal"');
                  ?>

to this

<?php echo JHTML::_('link', JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id='.$product->virtuemart_product_id.'&virtuemart_category_id='.$product->virtuemart_category_id),$product->images[0]->displayMediaThumb('class="catImage" border="0"',false));
                  ?>

euge001

ereallstaff

Sorry for the OT but I can't find any information

Is there any chance to put a module only in category page ( or f.e. in cart page ) ?

Thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ì
Try out our new joomla background rotator ( for joomla 1.x or 2.x), for only 14,99 eur @ innovailweb.it

PRO

PaulJUK

Hi, looking for some guidance on getting the category name of the product within the category view.

I have used <?php echo $product->category_name; ?> but this returns the main category level not the child category that the product is inside.
I would like to show the name of the child category inside the set of products.
I have tried many variations of this to try and get the required information.

any thoughts?

perlarenee

Does anyone know a solution such as how the amount of products in a category can be called?

Quote from: coxi on February 22, 2012, 19:21:32 PM
Hi,
At first, thanks a lot for the support. I could make hack and my website is fine.
But...
It would be better if number of item could be shown in category.

Like this :
Category1 (3)           Category2 (17)            Category3 (4)
instead of
Category1                Category2                    Category3

Unfortunatly, i didn't find the solution. Any idea ?
Regards from France. Alain

alinea49

Hello folks
I would like display a table  with one product per line, with
id product, thumbnail, product sku, short description, quantity, and add to cart field.

a sort of flat list product.

This table is shown when you select a category, or after a search request.

Help will be graceful recieved !

(I known I speak english as a spanish cow - I am a froggy... ;)

some idea how to ?
joomla 1.5 WM 2.x

PRO

alinea49,

you are going to change the category template by doing a template override, or do it with css, and set 1 product per row