News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Upgrade to 2.0.1e - product image disappeared

Started by Art_Koenig, February 08, 2012, 01:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art_Koenig

Hi there,

I've just upgraded from 2.0.0 stable to 2.0.1e and the image of my product (I only have one product in my shop) just disappeared on the front-end.
In the product description in the back-end the image is still there.

I'm running Joomla 2.5.1.

I just want to be sure this prob has a quick fix because I want to upgrade an other site the same way which has 400 products and I don't want to reassign/reupload 400+ pictures ;).

Thanks for your help!

brentonking

Go to edit the product in the backend of virtuemart and then go to the "Product Images" tab and check if you can see the picture there. If so, make sure the "File Published?" box is checked under the image.

Elnino

Thanks a lot.

You were right, the "File published" box was unticked ...

It leads then to a second question: on this site I just have one product to sell so that's fine to re-tick this box but I don't want to go in my 400 product pages on my other website if the upgrade from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1e makes all my pictures unpublished ...

What are my options ? Is this a known bug of the upgrade?

Thanks again.

Art_Koenig

I've just tested on my 400 products website and it did the same stuff ... All my media files become unpublished ...
I have to republish them one by one.

Good thing I made a backup ;).

brentonking

I'm not sure what the options are here. I had a site with 40 products and decided to open up the database .sql file for jos_virtuemart_medias and changed it there. Not a quick fix, but faster than doing it individually. There might be a configuration option that automatically sets them to published, that you have to change in the "com_virtuemart.2.0.1.?.zip" or "com_virtuemart_ext_aio_2.0.1.zip?" file before you install/update it, but I wouldn't know where that lives in the files.

Art_Koenig

Oh ok so you had the same trouble. Good to know I was not the only one. Yes I changed it in PHPMyAdmin too.
For those who have the issue, here's the SQL command you want to use if you want to publish all your files that aren't published (which was my case as I don't have any files on the server that I don't want to publish):

UPDATE jos_virtuemart_medias
SET published='1'
WHERE published='0'

That did the trick for me.

VM team, please take care of this issue when we upgrade from a previous 2.0.0 version. I must add not 100% of my media were unpublished so I really don't know on which criteria some media became unpublished during the upgrade ... It looks random to me but maybe it's not.

Cheers!

charles99

I have to agree with Art on this...  Especially for new users that don't know how to make changes to their database!     This should have been one of the first thing you guys should have addressed!  Some users are dealing with thousands of products and to think they would have to reassign each product image is enough to make me switch to another program without all the upgrade bombs! 

jenkinhill

I thought Milbo made it quite clear that VM2.0.1x are pre-releases for testing which is why they are heavily discussed in http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=127.0. The release version for general use will be 2.0.2 

Problem is that VM2.0.1 is currently the only version to use with J2.5.1 and feedback is needed from many different setups so issues can be addressed. For example on the 5 test sites I have updated from 2.0 to one of the 2.0.1 releases I have not had a problem with images, so would not have reported it to the devs. But hearing that some have had this problem means that they are aware.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

charles99

No it wasn't made clear! 

Here's a problem that everyone seem to be reporting images not loading right after upgrading to 2.0.1 A to K...   And every time you find a fix the next update mess's everything up! 

[attachment cleanup by admin]

texhead

I upgraded from 2.0.0 to 2.0.2 today and the disappearing images issue is still with us.
Thanks for the sql, I needed that!

jenkinhill

I do all updates by using Joomla's extension manager, no problems there with unpublishing files.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

scarrott

Same problem for me. I've republished all my images but now the main image is displaying far to big (it used to be resized to fit the left column of the product details pages) and all the additional images are missing (the thumbnail for the main image is the only one showing) despite the fact that they are all set to publish.

Starting to wish i'd never touched VM2.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Milbo

Quote from: Art_Koenig on February 09, 2012, 01:37:52 AM
VM team, please take care of this issue when we upgrade from a previous 2.0.0 version. I must add not 100% of my media were unpublished so I really don't know on which criteria some media became unpublished during the upgrade ... It looks random to me but maybe it's not.

It was far more tricky. Medias are set in the constructor as unpublished (=0) ? Then I add a check for security, when it gets stored. The reason here is the upcoming multivendor stuff. But something went wrong and it was suddenly always stored as unpublished. BUT we didnt noticed this, because the unpublishing feature itself was broken. So also unpublished medias were shown. As I fixed this (I think January or so) I had the dilemma what todo now. I decided to not auto publish them, because people could have set this on purpose. Looking back, I think I should have do this, or at least provide a tool for it.

Quote from: charles99 on February 19, 2012, 20:39:39 PM
.... and to think they would have to reassign each product image is enough to make me switch to another program without all the upgrade bombs! 

I am not aware of that there is a problem with reassigning them. Other method pure gui based is to use the media view and use the publishing option in the list.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

RFreund

What table did you have to run the sql command on?

I have the same problem when upgrading to VM 2.0.3b