News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Image resizing during upload

Started by Rolandos, February 08, 2012, 00:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolandos

Hello,

I am looking for a hack that scales the images when uploading to a certain number of pixels. For VM 1.7 I've used the following hack:

http://www.designersandbox.com/joomla/joomla-virtuemart-auto-resize-full-product-image-dynamically-mod-hacks

This worked perfectly for me, but VM2.0 treated media files in a different way, because imageTools.class.php is no longer used. This I do not know how I should get this done.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Perhaps it is also an idea for VMcore, because users often insert images from their ditgital cameras. Today, those images are often 5 mb or larger, and thus they messed up the server space as they have over 1000 products with alternative images.

John2400

Just wondering why not try to resize before you put them up.

Lots of Imaging software does this. Most can to 100s - 1000s at a time.  I normally set up my software and do one. 
Then upload that one and test and test until I get just the right settings and size.

Then copy all the originals and make a new folder - "then resize the whole as a batch"
* your originals are OK and your new folder has small uploadable images - which you could FTP into the images folder asa group or folder etc.

* I use lots of free conversions or resize software - I do have Photshop CS5 , buy old powerproducer 1 still does that same thing. Look on the net for graphics conversion software.

* but it needs to do batches -CS5 have moved 'resize " to adobe bridge CS5 -