News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

different prices for different shopper groups

Started by hfaria, February 07, 2012, 12:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hfaria

good day, anyone know how I can create two different prices for different shopper groups, without using the rules and calculations, I've tried to develop custom plugin price based on textinput but the only thing that does is create a new label with the price again making no influence on the final price.
've seen that in order to make the change I have to "invoke" the variable variantModification, but I do not get it. pertendo what it is to change the total price, and not performing sum operations. eg.

shopper group 1 - Price 150
shopper group2 - Price 200

prices vary so I can not use rules.

someone help me?

jux

Yes unfortunatly, and I do not know why or for which reason , this feature have been deleted (forgotten) from VM1 to VM2.

This is not possible anymore

I m hopping that the version 2.0.2 will fix this issue as it is crucial for a major party of us.

If you find a solution please let us know,

because I have try to clone product but it mess my stock.

Milbo

Of course it is possible anylonger.
Just create a child product, give it the same category, change the visibilty of the shoppergroups and add your price. Make the parent product only visible for example anonymous. A real different solution with different price tables for one product maybe in 2.2 or 2.4
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jux

I do not understand?
What i need is a feature like VM1 where you can set up simply a different prices for different shoper groups without having issue with the stock management

Because if you are cloning same product in VM2 for different shopper group it will mess the stock!

Please let me know what to do because I still can't update to VM2 because of that

Milbo

We have in vm2 a lot more possibilites then in vm1, except setting single prices for different shoppergroups. We add that later, we have a price table for this purpose. You can write calculation rules for B2B or special shoppergroups. Normally there is a mathematical connection between the different prices per shoppergroup and the category/manufacturer of a product. So when you can work with rules, vm2 is much better than vm1. Consider also that you can use hidden/unpublished categories as pure calculation categories.
So you have two main workarounds. Categoriese your different prices and gather them in a category, for exampel create a category called "b2B -10" or "b2b -5%". Then just add this group to you product.
When there is no systematic in your prices (which directly lead to another question, but I am not a business consultant) then you can use another workaround, just create for every different price a child of your real product. It is the same as the parent. When you change the parent, your child changes dynamically also. (When you dont want that use a clone.). Make the child only visible for your b2b shoppergroup and the parent only visible for anonymous and default shoppergroup. ah yes and give the child of course the same category. That way you can create endless prices for different shoppergroups and additionally to that you can adjust the description and things like this to the desired shoppergroup.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

RosaMagma

Hello,
Do you know when will be the price table able? I need this function soon.
Thanks

meriturva

i'm moving and old site to the new virtuemart 2.0.2 version and this limitation make me impossible to complete the work.
when will it be released with this important feature?

frankie4u

+1
please add this crucial functionality.
As an experienced programmer
i think it should not be difficult to link "Tax & Calculation Rule" to "Product" via "Shopper Groups" Field and call i.e. the same calculation routine for VAT % calculation.

I never used VM1.1 so i don't know how it works before, so i could be completely wrong.

On the other side, if there's some "marketing reason" underneath, let us know and we stop asking for that.

cheers.

Milbo

No,.. no marketing reason, it should be free.

We just do not use atm the possibilities of our pricing table. It should later cache prices and connect them to shoppergroups. So that we can have multiple prices per product, but the feature is just not written.

When someone want to write it. just write a pm, we connect in skype and work it out, but to citate the developer guide, consider before!
http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Developer_guideline

Requesting features.

If you have an idea or special interest for VirtueMart, write it in the internal forums where we can discuss it and develop a plan. However, if you start developing something then finish it. Too often developers are very enthuastic and start a great, big, mega feature and end up with nothing useable. Discussion and planning in the forum should make it possible to work together.

Everyone can add features as many as he wants but must follow 3 rules
1. it must not slow down the page and/or can be disabled and is disabled as default
2. it must fit in the rest of the architecture
3. it must be bugfree for the release date (Beta, RC, Final)

DG

I don't know where to place this post, so forgive me if I'm in the wrong place...
I come from a relatively logical perspective more than a technical head space - so this is probably 'laymen' to the techs :)

I was informed recently that perhaps trying the 2.0.7c version of VM (in beta) might solve this problem with Shopper Groups. 
I thought it had worked, but the final step failed at 'add to cart'. 
(J 2.5.4/ VM 2.0.7c)

I'm working with "%" discount.  This is how I started.

Create shopper group:
Add your shopper group name and description
In Show Following prices, I have ticked
- Enable shoppergroup specific price display & Show Prices
and the following Show Price & Show Label boxes:
- Baseprice with Tax, but without discounts, Discounted Price without tax, Final salesprice, Tax amount
(Your choices may be different)
Publish and save

Create shopper group calculations:
Go to Products > Tax & Calculation Rule Details
Add Name/ Rule - and select 'Price modifier before tax' as the Type of Arithmetic Operation
Math Operation: -%
Value: 50.0000 (eg.)
Currency: Select you own
Product Category:  We selected all.
Shopper Group: Your selection from the Shopper Group you already created ( )
State/Region: Obvious
Visible for Shopper: yes
Visible for Vendor: yes
Start date: yesterday
End date: never
Vendor: Yours
Publish and save.

Go to your Products and edit each product.
In Product Information, look for 'Pricing rules overrides' and click inside the 'Discount Type' input box to select your Shopper Group which should be visible if you've created it and published it.
Check the front end as a general registered user, as well as a 'shopper group' user to see the results.

Result:
While the different prices show for 'shopper group a' and 'shopper group b', unfortunately, after logging in as the default group (shopper group a), the discount allocated for 'shopper group b' is allocated at 'add to cart' for both shopper groups.
The 'discount type' on the product works across the board - not able to differentiate between the shopper groups at cart calculation. 

Just some thoughts; if Virtuemart 1 claims the ability to provide the following under the heading of 'Administrator Features':

• Shopper Groups for Customers (allows different Price Levels and Payment Options),
  • multiple Prices per Product (Quantity-based and/or Shopper Group-based Prices)
  • flexible Price Display (number & currency formatting; including or excluding tax)
... on this page: http://virtuemart.net/component/content/69?task=view, and has provided the function in the past, yet there is no similarly written 'Features' page for VM2 on the site, and that the above attempt to add different Shopper Groups is doable at all (ie. the above), leads one to believe that VM2 possesses the same characteristics as VM1.

We read here that it's not a bug - rather, it would only seem, something that may have been left half done, perhaps? 
It is a little frustrating and disappointing to watch a client who has used VM since it's inception, now no longer able to provide wholesale ordering online and is losing business rapidly because of this lack of functionality in VM2.  Sorry, but it's a real shame and hard to watch, right now.

The VM2 upgrade (major) was necessary with the announcement of the end of life of J1.5 and also necessary to upgrade (major) to J2.5.
There really hasn't been much of a choice other than to upgrade both platforms together, at least, in my client's circumstances.

The forums are starting to show signs of the Shopper Groups functionality being a real necessity for quite a few.

I do hope you'll consider doing something to remedy this 'Shopper Groups For Customers'  issue (for more than some of us) sooner rather than later. 

With respect.

webber44

Quote from: Milbo on February 10, 2012, 11:32:23 AM
We have in vm2 a lot more possibilites then in vm1, except setting single prices for different shoppergroups. We add that later, we have a price table for this purpose. You can write calculation rules for B2B or special shoppergroups. Normally there is a mathematical connection between the different prices per shoppergroup and the category/manufacturer of a product. So when you can work with rules, vm2 is much better than vm1. Consider also that you can use hidden/unpublished categories as pure calculation categories.
So you have two main workarounds. Categoriese your different prices and gather them in a category, for exampel create a category called "b2B -10" or "b2b -5%". Then just add this group to you product.
When there is no systematic in your prices (which directly lead to another question, but I am not a business consultant) then you can use another workaround, just create for every different price a child of your real product. It is the same as the parent. When you change the parent, your child changes dynamically also. (When you dont want that use a clone.). Make the child only visible for your b2b shoppergroup and the parent only visible for anonymous and default shoppergroup. ah yes and give the child of course the same category. That way you can create endless prices for different shoppergroups and additionally to that you can adjust the description and things like this to the desired shoppergroup.

Hey, thanks for an awesome component. Few questions/notes regarding this topic though ... Im using the parent-child workaround to display different individual prices to different shoppers.

1)The vm search in shop -module overrides the shopper group restrictions. The workaround works... unless user uses the search. Then user gets all of the published products regardless of the group. So the search is unusable with this workaround.

2)This is more serious problem: After setting up the parent-child relationship ("anonymous" group to the parent, and "group1" to the child) it is possible to lose the child-product's "Product Categories" and "Shopper Group" information.

It works as follows: If I go back and save the parent again AND then go to the child-product page the "Product Categories" and "Shopper Group" -boxes are empty. If the child is then saved the product dissapears from the shop (unless user uses the search ;) ) Note: category and group information isn't lost at the parent's save (visible at the frontend), but it is somehow linked to it.

So it makes the product information updating process harder. If admin updates the parent, and then changes some prices of the children and forgets to place the childrens category/group information again, it leads to a broken shop and undermines this workaround.

Is there any sight of solutions to these problems? Another workaround? Or it would be nice if this workaround wasn't needed and there would be series of boxes in the product page where admin could insert different individual prices linked to usergroups :) One can dream.

leahRae

Hello,

My client desperately needs to be able to add different prices for different shopper groups. She sells African Free Trade items so it is impossible to say across the board 10% off for all wholesale purchases because some of her tradesmen/tradeswomen might only be making a few cents over cost so she tries to not hurt their profits.

Multiple prices for different shopper groups is so imperative for any business that wants to work with Amazon, Overstock, Ebay, etc.  My client has close to 1,000 products that they are updating their stock on everyday to be in compliance with the top Internet outlets stringent requirements on stock levels. They get fined if they are late on a delivery due to poor stock notification to the big Internet retailers.

My client is a one person shop with volunteers (myself included) and there is zero way as I am sure it is equally impossible for most small business owners to "clone products" in order to assign a separate price for a different shopper group.

Milbo mentioned in this thread: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103257.0     that reinstating the shopper group pricing per item was a matter of days.

Is there a guesstimate of when this will be included?

I tried to click on the donate to the cause button and it did not work. If this will help the volunteers work on this, please send me the link. We are more than happy to donate.

Maybe the volunteers working on this might want to release it as a paid plugin to finance the Virtuemart project. If this is the case please feel free to email me as we will be the first to pay for it.

L
Dipping my toes into Virtuemart.

amymattian

Quote from: Milbo on February 09, 2012, 11:47:17 AM
Of course it is possible anylonger.
Just create a child product, give it the same category, change the visibilty of the shoppergroups and add your price. Make the parent product only visible for example anonymous. A real different solution with different price tables for one product maybe in 2.2 or 2.4

Hi Milbo,

I am not familiar with the parent-child-product functions. Can I accomplish the following by using parent-child-products:

Parent product with SKU number and stock control

1. Child product for default shoppergroup and in Finnish language

2. Child product for wholesale shoppergroup and in Finnish language

3. Child product for default shoppergroup and in English language

4. Child product for wholesale shoppergroup and in English language

So the stock control would be only in main-level in parent product. Can this be achieved with parent-child-products?

How about the SKU number, can it be the same in all child-products or how does that work?

What details should I add in general to the actual parent-product?

How do I shold the child details and not parent-product on frontend?

Is there a tutoring to the parent-child product functions in VM2?

Thanks!
Amy

amymattian

Hi Milboa,

I'm reading this thread http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102205.0
and I'm wondering if I can set my products like this:

1) Parent product with SKU number and stock-amount and default price but no category assigned

A1) child product with SKU (can I use the same or do I have to give a different SKU?) no stock amount (would be using the parent-stock), default price, Finnish language, Finnish category for default customers
B1) child product with SKU, no stock amount, whole-sale-price, Finnish language, Finnish category for wholesalers

C1) child product with SKU, no stock amount, default price, English language, English category for default customers

D1) child product with SKU, no stock amount, whole-sale-price, English language, English category for wholesale customers

This ofcause means that I have to make both categories and menu-items 4 times which to me sounds like a lot of work, just to get the shopper-group prices and second language done with VM2. In the VM1 I just added shoppergroup prices directly from the product. When not using a general % for whole-sale-customers then it seems like a lot of work to accomplish multi-lingual, multi shoppergroup shop with VM2.

Any ideas when the shoppergroup-price-function will be done to VM2?

Thanks!

Amy

amymattian

Hi,

so I can do the language functions by adding a new language to VM2 settings, ok. But now I've tried doing a parent item, with stock and SKU and then two child-items with different prices, one for default+anonymus and one for wholesale. I didn't choose a kategory for the parent items so that it would not show on frontend. So far so good, but when I made a purchase the stock does not decrease the parent-item stock, but I get the purchased pieces as "Booked, ordered products" to the child-product.

Is there a way to link the child-product stock amounts to the parent-product stock-amount? I do not have two separate stocks for default shopper and wholesale shopper. I have one stock amount for all, but if I'm to use child-product function to add wholesale prices then I need to have the stock-amount decreasing parent stock-amount not showing "Booked, ordered products on child-product. Am I missing something or is this parent-child-product function not working for this purpose? I really need the VM2 to show shoppergroup prices somehow!

Amy