News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Attention no standard shopper group set

Started by mabeall32, February 07, 2012, 04:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burtonent

Just wanted to note that if you already have an anonymous shopper group that's set to 2 in vm 2.0.8 and it still shows std shopper group not set, you can update the tables and often it will add an anonymous shopper with a higher id, in my case, 9.  Go to MySQL under jos_virtuemart_shoppergroups and locate the anonymous shoppergroup withhigher id and change it to 2.  The go back to vm 2 backend and tick the original anonymous shoppergroup you had and click delete.  It will give you an error message that you can't delete a shopergroup with the id 2, but when it does, it will delete it and replace with the one you changed in jos tables.

tlove21

In the latest release simply enable anonymous in the shopper groups. If your still getting this.

stinka

Thank you, Milbo!
The last suggestion you made worked for me.

lupinlady

Quote from: Milbo on May 02, 2012, 16:53:43 PM
Quote from: mbarry on April 28, 2012, 16:41:17 PM
The problem is the function makeDefault($id,$kind = 1) (administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/shoppergroup.php) as others have pointed to but for another reason.
The code first checks that you haven't tried to make the -anonymous- shopper the default for Registered users; this is correct.

It is the next line that is incorrect as it simply overwrites the 'default' values for all shopper groups with 0; now you no longer have an Anonymous shopper
$this->_db->setQuery('UPDATE  `#__virtuemart_shoppergroups`  SET `default` = 0');

Thanks, fixed ! Btw my fix works so

$this->_db->setQuery('UPDATE  `#__virtuemart_shoppergroups`  SET `default` = 0 WHERE `default`<"2"');

I added the fix here to post#22 & #23. Now I can create an account OK, Login, and update account info. Also after logging in I can select the Dealer Only Store,but when I click a category link I get this message:

500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Also in the admin area, everything works fine in User Manager but when I go to VirtueMart admin area, then Shopper List, user shows in list but when I click link to view the new user profile I get the same error message. But I can click the users created before this fix with no problem.

This all started when I deleted an unused Shopper Group called -shopper-. Any ideas?

Michael West

The default shopper group must have an ID of 2. Regardless of the shopper group name.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Try posting a link to your website in your profile, or a link to the error page if possible.

A picture is worth a thousand words. For XP get http://www.bhelpuri.net/Snippy/SnippyDownload.htm, or...

Windows Vista has a Snipping Tool in the Accessories area of the Start Button.

"We look for things that make us go, computer things."
(StarTrek NG: Pakleds Episode http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lxIL1WlxSQ).

Have you read the manual? http://virtuemart.net/documentation/User_Manual/index.html I did, huh?