News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Unable to Process payment (PayPal)

Started by harikjr, February 07, 2012, 04:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cas

Hi Alatak,

I did configure PayPal.  It gets the error when "Let buyers override their PayPal addresses?" is set to 'Yes'.  When I change it to 'No', then it works okay.  How should this work?  And how should we set: "Prompt buyers for a shipping address" ?

alatak

Hi,

I have added a link to a Paypal documentation. You can see that the behaviour is different depending if you are a US merchant or not.
Are you a US merchant?

cas

Hi Alatak,

Yes, I'm a US merchant.  Where is the link to the documentation?

alatak

Hi,

In the Paypal's configuration tab. Just above the 2 new parameters.

cas

Thanks Alatak.  That's helpful. 

BTW, when I click on the PayPal help link in VM, it open the PayPal help page in the same tab window where VM was running.  Please have it open the help in a new tab window.  That way we can read the PayPal help text at the same we are looking at the VM config settings. 

Thanks,
Chuck

alatak

cas

riverhawk

I'm on J2.5 and VM2.0.1K and I seem to have the "Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address." problem.

Did your fix make it into K? I only have this problem when I set the paypal settings to "Yes" for address override and when I set "Prompt for an address and require one" is set. If I comment out the line as described above in the paypal.php file...it seems to work ok.

portugas

My problem is different, I don´t even get to Paypal, when I try to buy, after I acept the TOS and Confirm the Order, I get the error...
#__virtuemart_order_items função proibida para não vendedores
Couldn't create order items
No order created

There is part of the message wich is translated to pt-PT "função proibida para não vendedores", in english should be something like "function prohibited for non sellers"

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

portugas

Hopeffuly I have updated to version 2.0.2 K and looks like my problem was solved.
I have tried to upgrade to the N version but got errors whem I tried to access the shop, so, I went back to the K version

I'm a newbie on these things, but I can recognize the great job you are doing... Many Thanks.

Fintan

John2400

We are only using 2.0.1 version K which is now up to 'N".  In the software package in the back end you can see a 2.0.2 in the buttons just ignore that and use the prerelease versions to test.

Don't update using this button yet.

* This is written many times in the forums.

Please backup your site before updating.

Fintan

Thank you for the clarification. I did ignore that but was confused with:
QuoteI have updated to version 2.0.2 K

I tried the upgrade once a few weeks ago. Wish I hadn't  ;)

mpulse

Having the same issue.. Dont understand why.. I have 2.0.6 and joomla 2.5.4  and I dont see anything cong related to this in the paypal area of VM

http://i.imm.io/mqdD.png

John2400

mpulse,

Hi  in this post the actual ideas have chnged quite a few times. Could you clarify exactly what you are asking - and what you get displayed -. Some people here are using Us _ paypay configuartion, others the normal.
Also your Image - does not dipaly a red warning sign - so You do not have the updated version - or the correct "ext.aio " file uploaded .

you must update both files ?
You will then get a new paypay configuration page. - then test and we can go from there - if solved then -please make the post as such.

* Really it is just an update I think and you will see what others see.