News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Unable to Process payment (PayPal)

Started by harikjr, February 07, 2012, 04:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cas

Hi Alatak,

It worked!  You're the best!  Thanks! 

Will this fix be in VM2.0.1.G ?  When will that new version be released?

Thanks,
Chuck

alatak

Hi,

Great :)

Actually in the next version, i have added 2 parameters in the configuration, to set up the address_override.
Because it is a Paypal configuration feature.

cas

Hi Alatak,

When you say next version, which version do you mean VM2.0.2?   
Also, will the line of code that is causing the problem at least be commented out in the VM2.0.1.G release to help everyone else? 

Thanks,
Chuck

buhnad

where exactly to copy it , i opend the .php file but dont know which line to paste it

cas

You comment out line 171:
"address_override" => "1",

Just change it to this:
// "address_override" => "1",

buhnad

cas

Great!  Glad to help. 

VM team, can you release a VM2.0.1.G release with this line commented out to help everyone? 

mangotti

I just wanted to reply and let you know that when I commented it out, I received many JQuery errors and my site wouldn't load at all. Not sure why JQuery errors though. Anyhow, Instead of commenting it out, I changed it to   "address_override" => "0", and it worked for me. Just in case anybody else comes across this issue as well.

Quote from: alatak on February 12, 2012, 21:48:32 PM
Hi,

Hi,

in the file plugins/paypal/paypal.php
please comment this line ( in the function plgVmConfirmedOrder

In the next version, this parameter will be set via the Paypal configuration.

This parameter sets the overriding addresses stored with PayPal
For people who already have PayPal accounts and whom you already prompted for a shipping address before they choose to pay with PayPal, you can use the entered address instead of the address the person has stored with PayPal. 

Please tell me if this was the problem.

chadgarber

I have  plugins/paypal/vmpayment/paypal.php

is that the file you mean?
Chad Garber
Web Developer/Computer Support
Garber Consulting, Inc.
http://garberconsulting.net

chadgarber

I do not have that file, there is file called, "paypal.php" under vmpayments.. Is that the one you are referring to?

Hi,

Hi,

For people who already have PayPal accounts and whom you already prompted for a shipping address before they choose to pay with PayPal, you can use the entered address instead of the address the person has stored with PayPal. 

Chad Garber
Garber Consulting, Inc.

chadgarber

Yup, I found the paypal.php here plugins/paypal/vmpayment/paypal.php and when I comment out the one line it fixed it. Thanks

Quote from: chadgarber on February 14, 2012, 14:58:26 PM
I do not have that file, there is file called, "paypal.php" under vmpayments.. Is that the one you are referring to?

Hi,

Hi,

Chad Garber
Garber Consulting, Inc.

cas

Using Joomla 2.5.1 and just upgraded from VM2.0.1.F to VM2.0.1.H and now when checking out and going to PayPal, the same error is occurring again: Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address.

alatak

Hi,

I am sorry, i don't knw if the fix is included in the H version. But i don't think so. I think i did the fix after.
To check that, please go in the payapl configuration, and look if 2 new parameters has been added. If not, then please wait for the next version. The fix is made, and committed.

cas

Hi Alatak,

The 2 new parameters are there, and the paypal.php file has this new code:
"address_override" => isset($method->address_override) ? $method->address_override : 0,

When I comment out this line, then it works.

alatak

Hi,

U do not need to comment out the lines;
Just configure Paypal.

Please tell me if it works then.