News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Booked, Ordered Purchases

Started by RFreund, February 07, 2012, 02:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFreund

I believe I have a problem with orders and or the booked, ordered purchases, here is the situation:

In the backend under products - product status:
It should read:

In Stock = 1
Booked, ordered products = 0
Low Stock Notification = 0
Minimum Purchase Quantity = 0
Maximum Purchase Quantity = 0
Availability Date = 0
Availability = 0

However for some reason there are a few products that read Booked, ordered products = 2 (or 3, more than 0) but there are no orders.

Questions:
Is there a reason that this parameter would count upward unless order were made? If orders are being made I is there any reason I would not see them in the orders section? What parameters effect this variable?

Note:
We have had a few successful orders. Also I have made orders, tried to add to shopping cart then exit and make an order but do not go to paypal however these do not seem to cause a problem. Any other ideas/scenarios to test?

Thanks in advance!

RFreund

I should add:

Can you explain what this parameter is? or what Booked means?

I assumed it meant the number of ordered products, but maybe I am wrong.

RFreund

Hmmm, so I did a little more digging:
I made some test orders back when I was using J1.7 and VM1.9.8K. I cancelled these orders and also tried to delete them (currently you can not delete orders). When I click on the orders there is no info but it appears the information is still in the table in the database. Therefore I looked up these products and and it I found that a couple had a value of 4294967295.
I found a similar post here and it appears its been fixed, (but I did not understand the solution):
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95536.0
So  maybe this was an existing problem that did not get resolved through the updating process.

I would still like to understand what the 'booked, ordered purchases' means and what effects it.