Main Menu

Re: USPS 4.2 problem

Started by boogiebobsrecords, February 06, 2012, 17:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boogiebobsrecords

Hello,

Could someone please help me out here. this is in regards to : USPS
Configure Ship Method    4.2 / VirtueMart 1.0.15

I really need an accurate solution to this problem. I know it's been there since the beginning of time but the thing is it is costing me 3 or 4 maybe 5 sales a Week. Plus the fact of all the hassles in refunding after payments are made and the shipping is off because of the API not allowing a set weight for the box. The way it is I either get screwed if there is no box weight added or the customer gets scared off because the shipping is $10 or more too much becuase they ordered 10 LPs and are getting charged for 10 boxes when I am using only one. This is a Major problem with international orders because they pay around $3.00 or more per pound on large orders.

Can you at least tell me if this is a problem with the virtuemart design or if USPS is the cause of it.

On 2012-01-30 20:04, Power Sellers Unite wrote: There isn't a way to add the shipping package weight.  What we can do is that I can run an update on your database to increase all the weights by a set amount. For example you use pounds so I can add .25 which will make anything 1 pounds be 1.25 pounds

I sent you an email yesterday about adding a field in the shipping module or changing this one

is there a way to either add a field for shipping package weight or change this field so it can be an actual weight instead of a percentage ?

Percent to pad weight for shipping package. (Include %)       

Percentage does not work as it is adding a percentage of the order weight instead of the actual weight of the box.
and the box weight is pretty much the same.

Please help me out someone !

Thanks,
Bob Bergmann
Owner, Boogiebobs Records
www.boogiebobsrecords.com

lowmips

Topic split from the USPSv5 thread and moved here...this is a USPSv4.2 issue.  Please do not post 4.2 issues in the v5 thread.  Thank you!
Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

boogiebobsrecords

Sorry I put it in the wrong thread - has this issue been resolved in version 5 or is someone at least working on it ?

Thanks,
Boogiebob

pauloberoi

Hi boogiebobsrecords,

I am having an ecommerce site as well, and I was screwed too just like you...  USPS was killing my business as upgraded to ver 4 but no support of documentation, what thats crazy.. right.. !!!

you know I was crazy for searching for any solution or a documentation, but on any forum tech forum , its just nothing.. :(

But the good thing is I have lot of contacts with programmers, and one of my friend forwarded me a post which really helped me..

I am not a programmer and I just want to stay away from this nonsense programming thing...

I browsed this forum few days back when I was searching for a solution, but I notice still no solution have been posted here so far by any big techy guys... So thought to share what helped me..

http://70.164.0.206/ppscloud.com/issues-and-solution/usps-rate-calculati...

If you think I helped you.. only a thanks msg will be apprecitaed mate.. :))