News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Email instead of payment

Started by fexnok, February 06, 2012, 02:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fexnok

Hi,

I'd like instead of a payment method to receive an email with the order in order to phone them directly, is there any way of implementing this?

Many thanks

fexnok

John2400

Go to configuration>>shop>>use only as a catelogue >>save

Now go to your shop front and you will see that there is no purchase ability but only a "'asks a question about this product""

In the description of every products or you could just get one perfect and clone it.

"you make the statement -" like:: Our shop prices vary due to demand - The price shown is only an estimate- please use the "ask a question link and we will contact you asap.

make sure that they understand that they must provide a phone number - ?

there are other ways - by embedding a HTML code in the Desription page with links to contact pages (little more complicated)

fexnok

Thank you for your answer, it is very helpful, but I´d like to keep the shopping cart possibilities as well, it´s just that instead of payment I´d like to receive an email with the cart contents, would it be possible?

Thanks

John2400

Then you could just make a shipment that is free and a payment that is free.

Of cause you have wording attached to the Free _ stating that this is an invoice request and the owner will contact you ASAP to discuss payments and shipping costs.

maybe the words "free"  would say - "invoice only" -and the words would describe your shipping and payment method.

I'm sure later there will be a plugin to do exactly what you want - but that will be a little further down the track.

I see others on the forum requesting similar email requests-