News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Paypal not always popping up; results in duplicate orders

Started by marmalade, February 05, 2012, 19:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marmalade

Hi all,

first time using VM (and indeed Joomla!) so please forgive ignorant errors!

I have set up a charity website using Joomla! 1.7.3 and have set up a store using VM 2.0.0 to sell tickets for an event we are running. I have set up two payment methods: cheque; cheque is working fine, leaving the orders "pending" for me to process manually. Paypal works some of the time but sometimes (about 1 in 3 to 5 - I don't have enough orders for an accurate statistic) the paypal window does not open and the "confirm order" button remains enabled. The users believe they have not clicked the button properly and click it again, creating a duplicate order. This has happened 5 or 10 times with some users, meaning we are running out of some ticket types when we really have many left.

Any ideas?

Again, I am new to this so apologies if I have made a newbie error or missed a thread that already covers this!

Thanks,

Marmalade.

alatak

Hi

Quotebut sometimes (about 1 in 3 to 5 - I don't have enough orders for an accurate statistic) the paypal window does not open and the "confirm order" button remains enabled.

Which VM2 version are using?
The confirm order button of the checkout? You don't have an automatic redirect?

marmalade

Hi alatak,

v2.0.0.

The error I have been reported is thatt he page just sits on the checkout - it doesn't redirect so the user can sit there clicking on confirm.

I have not experienced this error but have spoken with several people who have generated multiple orders in a few seconds and they all say the same thing.

Thanks,

marmalade.

marmalade

Hi, any chance of some feedback on this - I am getting multiple complaints and will need to find another option to VM if I canot make ths work soon.

Thanks,

marmalade.

alatak

Hi,

QuoteThe error I have been reported is thatt he page just sits on the checkout - it doesn't redirect so the user can sit there clicking on confirm.
I think i have to see on you web site what is going on. Can you PM me the URL?