News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM2 Crashing Server - Add to Cart

Started by purvesweb, February 05, 2012, 13:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purvesweb

Hi Folks,

Hope someone out there can give me some advise or possibly had the same issue as I am having.

VM2 installed absolutely fine, everything works except for 1 thing.  Add to Cart.

The product seems to Add to cart fine, as it updates on the site when clicked.   The pop up shows ans states it has been added, there is a link to the top left for continue shopping and to the right for view cart.  It is at this point the server itself crashes.  Nothing is showing on Firebug as an error.  I contacted my server hosts for obvious reasons and they are non the wiser. 

Has anyone had this issue before and is there a known fix?

Looking forward to some advice.

Version of joomla being used is 1.5.17 (due to be upgraded soon) with VM2.

Cheers,
Stevie

jenkinhill

VM2 has not been tested with that old version of Joomla which contains known security risks.

"Crashing the server" is a bit unlikely - unless it is really badly set up. Sure it was not just a 500 error?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

purvesweb

Grand, I'll do an upgrade and go from there.

Crashing the server is likely I'm afraid cause it has done it on several occasions :)

Will report back if fixed.

purvesweb

Well all fixed, something from the Adding to the cart was triggering the server to go into panic mode and therefore shutting down.  Ultimately 34sp had this figured out and fixed in no time.

jenkinhill

Well, if the shop goes live I hope you move to a more stable host first.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

purvesweb

I will certainly keep that in mind, thank you :)