News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

"vmError: User name in use"

Started by ami_2510, February 05, 2012, 00:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ami_2510

I just installed the 2.0 on my joomla 2.5.1 site and this is what I get when I try to configure my store currency and name. It also doesnt save the information.

brandonjp

I think maybe this is happening when the user listed as the store owner has the same Username and/or Email as another user in the Joomla DB. 

The SAFEST way to fix it would be...

• Go to your main Joomla Admin → Users → 'User Manager' → Add New User

• Create a new user with a completely new & unused Username & Email, give this user 'SUPER USER' privileges

• Now Go to VM Admin → Shop → Shop → General User Info Tab
    the approx url for this page would be:  [your.domain.com]/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=editshop

• Put the info of the new user you just created in these fields

Just a guess, but this is probably not a bug, but a security measure so that some random user can't gain access to your store admin just by changing their account info to match your VirtueMart store owner's info.

GVerheij

Hi BrandonJP, I added a user as you described, but it does not help. The error stays on top of VM after trying to save several (new and unknown) users to VM.

I use VM 2.0.6 in J2.5.4 and just finished my upgrade from VM 1.1.9 in J1.5.26

Thanks, Gerard

seeker862

I have a similar issue.  As the developer, I initially used my information for Virtuemart.  Now I want to change it to the site owner, but I get "vmError: User name in use."  Any ideas how to change the user associated with Virtuemart?

Valdez360

I have the same problem. I can't change it.

MC Web Design

The trick is not to have a Joomla user with the same name, username or email and first change the data under VirtueMart2->Shop->General User Information. After  changeing the existing user data under VirtueMart2->Shop->General User Information with the desired virtuemart2 shop admin data, you can add a new Super User in Joomla User Manager for the website administration.

huythun

in administrator
1.menu for users-> user manager and change Super User new (user new and password new)
2. login again with the new user and new password
3.ok