Add to cart button now appearing after upgrade - but I don't want it to appear?

Started by origomedia, April 12, 2013, 05:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

origomedia

Hi guys I just did an upgrade and now the add to cart button appears on all my products. Previously I had it set not to appear but now cannot remember where the setting was to disable it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Jim

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

origomedia

Hi Kelvyn,

Thanks for the hint. Unfortunately it was already ticked as Catalogue so am not sure what to do now. I also have a problem with the images all being different sizes since I upgraded.

Jim

jenkinhill

It might be useful if you said what version you upgraded from - and to. Are you using template overrides?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

origomedia

Hi Kelvyn,

Thanks for the super prompt response. I am using version 2.0.20b. Apologies I am not sure what the previous version was. However, I first started using Virtuemart in about Sept last year and have no upgraded it up until yesterday. There are some overrides that I had a freelancer put in to get the layout looking like I wanted it.

Before I did the update I was actually experiencing the problem mentioned in my other post about some of the thumbnails disappearing in my product pages after about 24 hrs of being uploaded.

After the upgrade a lot of the images now have different sized thumbnails in the product pages.

Jim

origomedia

Hi Kelvyn,

Actually i thought of a better solution. Can you advise which file or lines of code I can delete to get rid of all the cart functions? That way if I put it in the override file then it should mean that in any future upgrades it will not happen again. I think this could be a good solution as I am not using the cart function at all and have not intention of using it.

Jim

jenkinhill

There is no reason that I can think of why products thumbnails should canish, but for the other issues, cart and uneven size thumbs, the likely cause is that the "freelancer" put in place template overrides that are causing these problems. You obviously will not have updated them for the current VirtueMart version.

I looked at the url in youre other message ( http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=114721.0 ) and it does look like a template override problem there.

I'd suggest you revert to the default VirtueMart templates by renaming the overrides directory - this should be at  templates/[your joomla template]/html/com_virtuemart/  - just rename the com_virtuemart directory and that will force the default templates to be used. The layout will be different, but should confirm the problem is with the old overrides - although there may also be some override specific css which will affect the display.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

origomedia

Thanks Kelvyn,

Problem 1. I got rid of the cart problem by deleting the code that makes the cart appear. Not the most professional course of action but as a novice it worked best for me.

Problem 2. Followed your advice and renamed the com_virtuemart folder. When I refreshed I could see that it was using a different format on the category pages but the product page problems with the images thumbnails been all over the shop and all different sizes remained the same as in this page http://www.millionaireasia-indonesia.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=57&virtuemart_category_id=8&Itemid=620

I changed the name back and am not sure what to so now. I went into the media file and deleted a few images from one of my products and then went back to the product and uploaded them again with different names and the thumbnail was still appearing twice of the others.
Jim