News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart 2.0 tab don't work in IE8.

Started by chocovo, February 03, 2012, 23:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chocovo

Hello,

I'm a new virtuemart user and normally I use Firefox but this evening I had my first virtuemart problem (now solved) and tried to look if it was a fierfox problem, but the great surprise has been that virtuemart 2.0 don't work fine with Intenet Explorer 8.

In products, the tabs (info - description - state - size - image - fields) don't change. The color of the tabs change when clic on but it stay on info tab.

Sorry for my bad english.

I use virtuemart 2.0 with joomla 1.5.25.

Regards.

enock

HBiT

Joomla! 2.5.4
VM 2.0.4

confirm - tabs don't work in IE8

teobgeno

it is even worst on ie7 .  Throws the classic error of ie7 that cannot open the page

Anyone check it with ie9 ?

atb

As far as I can recall none of the VM2 variants (in any Joomla version) have allowed the tabs to work correctly within the Back End when using IE8, even if put into "Compatibility Mode".  You just have to scroll down manually!

Also, it is not just the tabs, the fancy icon corner folds of the Control Panel and the ability to use "Return" rather than "Click" to initially log in to Joomla fail to work - although more minor.

But, yes, all seems OK with IE9.

HBiT

For fix it  need  change in vm2admin.js:

list += '<li style="width:'+tabswidth+'%"><span>'+ $(this).attr('title')+'<span></li>' ;

to

list += '<li style="width:'+tabswidth+'%"><span>'+ $(this).attr('title')+'</span></li>' ;

and for correct look in ie8
admin_ui.css:
#admin-ui-tabs ul#tabs li {
float: left;
background: #7C7D7F url(../images/admin_ui/tabs-ul-background.png) bottom repeat-x;

papaavola

Thank you HBiT!

;D Your solution works perfectly.

atb

Quote from: HBiT on April 13, 2012, 15:11:12 PM
and for correct look in ie8
admin_ui.css:
#admin-ui-tabs ul#tabs li {
float: left;
background: #7C7D7F url(../images/admin_ui/tabs-ul-background.png) bottom repeat-x;

Thanks for the suggested code to overcome this issue, HBiT - makes life easier when using IE8. 
However, I reckon the closing bracket  }  has been missed out.

It seems to work fine when added to the code, around Line 91 or 92  (VM 2.0.6/2.0.7)