Main Menu

Double tooltips

Started by Twix, February 03, 2012, 18:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twix

I'm having double tooltips in the backend:
- yellow in: administrator/templates/bluestork/css/template.css
- white in: components/com_virtuemart/assets/css/vtip.css

How can this be fixed? Do you guys have the same?
Perhaps VM tooltip needs to be deleted?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Twix

Just updated. Yes also with 2.0.1d, not with all though. Check attachment.

Also perhaps the migrator didn't migrated ' good. You see Trafo\'s in stead of Trafo's. I can't go in details, it was a while ago. It coudl be even there before the migration, since the website is not mine. Just fixing it.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

sirius

Hi,

I confirm this issue too

J2.5.1 && VM2.0.1c (with a RT template gantry framework)
J3.10.12 | PHP 7.4.33 + APC + memcached + Opcode
VM Prod : 3.8.6 | VM Test : 4.0.12.10777

Twix

Issue still present, could you give it a look?

SparksArts

I also have double tooltips everywhere in the backend Admin. This is pretty annoying. Would like to turn the top one off since that only shows the field label. The yellow one underneath has the extra information, but it's hidden.

Joomla 1.5.26
Virtuemart 2.0.8e
PHP 5.3.6
MAMP 2.0.5

I'm in the process of upgrading a copy of my website from Joomla 1.5.26 / Virtuemart 1.1.9 to Joomla 2.5.6 / Virtuemart 2.0.8e. Maybe once I migrate to Joomla 2.5 this will be fixed?

Richard

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Richard Sparks, Website Developer

DaggaTora

No, it is not an upgrade issue. I didn't upgrade and i'm using 2.0.8e and have the same problem since a couple of months :)
Joomla 2.5.17 | VM2.0.26d | PHP 5.3.28

SparksArts

Quote from: DaggaTora on August 13, 2012, 19:12:51 PM
No, it is not an upgrade issue. I didn't upgrade and i'm using 2.0.8e and have the same problem since a couple of months :)

Are you using Joomla 1.5 or 2.5?
Richard Sparks, Website Developer

DaggaTora

Quote from: sparkosis on August 13, 2012, 19:24:39 PM
Quote from: DaggaTora on August 13, 2012, 19:12:51 PM

Are you using Joomla 1.5 or 2.5?

I'm using 2.5
Joomla 2.5.17 | VM2.0.26d | PHP 5.3.28

Rixters

I've the same problem... It fount this post:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101184.msg335285#msg335285

My quickfix core hack:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=100003.0

Hopefully there will be a better solution for this soon! I don't like core hacks... For now the only solution for me!

Rixters

Dealing with this problem for a long time now, I came across the solution. After extensive testing I found that the problem is caused by two plugins of NoNumbers (Chache Cleaner / Add to Menu). Uninstalling these plugins solves the problem!

Rixters

Found a solution if you want to use the NoNumbers extensions. A lot of the plugins have a tooltip text. This can be disabled in the plugin settings. Disabling the tooltip solves the problem!

sgagner

The problem with showing double tooltips and wrong texts in Virtuemart 2.x when NoNumbers Add-To-Menu and cacheClenaer is installed, must definitly be solved since these two extensions from NoNumbers are of outmost importance to have on any Joomla website.
Best regards,
Stefan Gagner, Web8 Universal, Sweden

We make the impossible while you wait. Wonders takes a little bit longer.

Maxim Pishnyak

Quote from: sgagner on August 09, 2013, 16:19:40 PM
The problem with showing double tooltips and wrong texts in Virtuemart 2.x when NoNumbers Add-To-Menu and cacheClenaer is installed, must definitly be solved since these two extensions from NoNumbers are of outmost importance to have on any Joomla website.
Always funny when extension with bigger amount of reviews on JED MUST to support not so popular extensions.

Maybe you have ... a link?
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

sgagner

NoNumbers Extensions is one of the most important extension packs you need to have on almost any webpage according to me. NoNumbers together with Akeeba Admin Tools, Akeeba Backup Pro and JCE Editor are all a must-have.

If you are not familiar with NonNumbers you find them here: http://www.nonumber.nl/

The double Tool-tip-problem is solved by inactivating the tooltips in the CacheCleaner plugin and in the Add-to-Menu admin module. The problem is that Virtuemart loads the jQuery scripts twice and in wrong order. Please contact Peter van Westen at NoNumbers for advice how to do.
Best regards,
Stefan Gagner, Web8 Universal, Sweden

We make the impossible while you wait. Wonders takes a little bit longer.