News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Custom field layout position VM 2.0.1

Started by neutrino86, February 02, 2012, 21:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJC Web Design

You should really start your own topic for this - hardly relates in any way to this topic
Can't see anything wrong with your custom field setup..

Maybe try non crylic letters in title etc?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

kelecz

You do not understand. When Custom fields is created and when I am in product settings I can not any of size or color in from Custom field. (first picture)
How is that not related?

THX

GJC Web Design

because this is a sticky topic about positioning the display of custom fields on the FE in an extremely early release of VM2 dating back 2 years - nothing to do with their configuration or access from admin in the last stable release of VM2.6
This forum is supposed to be a resource for all VM users - not just a place for your question to be answered

Therefore it makes sense to start your own topic instead of burying it at the end of a long unrelated topic.. where if some else has a similar problem the chance of them finding the subject is null

did u try non crylic letters?
GJC Web Design
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component

kelecz

Quote from: GJC Web Design on January 18, 2015, 12:57:23 PM
because this is a sticky topic about positioning the display of custom fields on the FE in an extremely early release of VM2 dating back 2 years - nothing to do with their configuration or access from admin in the last stable release of VM2.6
This forum is supposed to be a resource for all VM users - not just a place for your question to be answered

Therefore it makes sense to start your own topic instead of burying it at the end of a long unrelated topic.. where if some else has a similar problem the chance of them finding the subject is null

did u try non crylic letters?

Thank you. I have to admit that have small experience on all kind of forums. I understand and I am sorry.

I will take care in the future. Sorry again. 

fotonio

Hi, i see the topic is for VM 2.0.1 but i am using VM 3.0.9.4 with the default template and joomla 3.4.1. Is there any related topic for VM 3.* ?

My problem is i am trying to create a new position for a custom field using this code in the file:
\my joomla root folder\components\com_virtuemart\views\productdetails\tmpl\default.php

After default code:
// Product Packaging
    $product_packaging = '';
    if ($this->product->product_box) {
   ?>
        <div class="product-box">
       <?php
           echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_UNITS_IN_BOX') .$this->product->product_box;
       ?>
i added:
<?php if (!empty($this->product->customfieldsSorted['myposition'])) {
       $this->position='myposition';
       echo $this->loadTemplate('customfields');
       }
       ?>

And of course i use myposition as layout position in the custom field admin configuration.
But the field does not appear at all at the product's page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Studio 42

hi fotonio,
do a
var_dump($this->product->customfieldsSorted);
to check if you have some "myposition' customfield set.
you check product_box in your code
  if ($this->product->product_box) {
perhaps that simply product is empty ?

Greets,
Patrick

fotonio

The solution for VM3 is to put this snippet in the file \my joomla root folder\components\com_virtuemart\views\productdetails\tmpl\default.php wherever you want the custom field to appear.

<?php
echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('customfields',array('product'=>$this->product,'position'=>'myposition'));
?>

jade Quinton

Hello, please could someone point me in the right direction, I have been struggling with the "related products" that appear on the bottom of the page when you view a product in Virtue mart. They always appeared correctly but afew days ago I noticed they had  become very large, displaying vertically down the page. The images are completely stretched. I have removed the template completely and re-copied the original but that didn't even seem to work. I'm not sure where the issue is lying? I'm stumped!
Joomla! 2.5.8, not sure the version of virtuemart.
Here's what it looks like: http://purejewellery.co.za/index.php/engagement-rings/er450-detail
If someone could guide me to remove related products completly from default_relatedproducts.php that would be amazing.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks a mil. Jade

GJC Web Design

STOP cross posting esp. in a totally unrelated POST!
GJC Web Design

design609

Quote from: fotonio on July 14, 2015, 07:17:17 AM
The solution for VM3 is to put this snippet in the file \my joomla root folder\components\com_virtuemart\views\productdetails\tmpl\default.php wherever you want the custom field to appear.

<?php
echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('customfields',array('product'=>$this->product,'position'=>'myposition'));
?>

Thanks - worked ! custom field placement on product detail page for Virtuemart 3

Елeна

Hello
Works great!
QuoteРешение SPAMля VM3 состоит в том, чтобы поместить этот фрагмент в файл \ моя корневая папка joomla \ components \ com_virtuemart \ views \ productdetails \ tmpl \ default.php везSPAMе, гSPAMе вы хотите, чтобы появилось настраиваемое поле.

<? php
echo shopFunctionsF :: renderVmSubLayout ('customfields', array ('product' => $ this-> product, 'position' => 'myposition'));
?>
VirtueMart 3.4.2 / Joomla! 3.8.12 / protostar/ site

This, but only for the category page !?
,,,/templates/protostar/html/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/products.php
--
In the category all products are the same, and one is special. It is necessary to highlight it by labeling the picture
Thanks

// Show Products ?>

<div class="product vm-col<?php echo ' vm-col-' $products_per_row $show_vertical_separator ?>">
<div class="spacer product-container">
<div class="vm-product-media-container">
<a title="<?php echo $product->product_name ?>" href="<?php echo $product->link.$ItemidStr?>">
<?php
echo $product->images[0]->displayMediaThumb('class="browseProductImage"'false);
?>

</a>
???
???
???

</div>