News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Specific Shopper Group (Wholesale) Prices?

Started by statman24, February 02, 2012, 15:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DG

Quote from: DG on June 12, 2012, 07:19:45 AM
Quote from: John2400 on May 21, 2012, 14:23:42 PM
DG,

Hi just wondering if you have tried the new 2.0.7 updates as your request I think is in there for testing.
In shopper groups you will find a new configuration.

the idea is that a product is added to the public and to the wholesaler- you have a tax or an amount set for the wholesaler and when they log in they only can see that price.

* I presume this is done through taxes and not an individual set price - just have a look.

Hi John,

Yes, I have tried - up to 2.0.7d.  I'm about to go and take a look at 2.0.7e.  I'll get back to you.
Cheers.

2.0.7e eg:
Tax calculation for a Wholesale shopper of -50% isn't applied to the cart.
1. Shopper is placed in Wholesale group.
2. GST calculation of +10% is set for all shopper groups (visible for shoppers) for all products
3. Additional Tax calculation of -50% (Price modifier before tax) is set for the Wholesale shopper group (visible for shoppers) for all products
4. Product is set for both default and Wholesale shopper groups
5. On check out, prices at the cart still only reflect the default pricing (plus GST calc.) and do not reflect the discount for a wholesale shopper.

sadrem

Hello to all,
I'll tried to start project on http://www.kickstarter.com But I can't because not US resident.
If You Us resident please  create project.

QuoteMultiple prices per product per shopper group
In VM1 you could add as many prices as were necessary and assign them to as many shopper groups as were needed. We want it in VM2
In VM1.x you were able to go in a product and add multiple prices which you could then assign to different shopper groups. In VM2 there no such capability.

To be clear, I am not talking about just two different prices. In VM1 you could add as many prices as were necessary and assign them to as many shopper groups as were needed. The same functionality needs to exist in VM2.

The reason for this topic is that I would like a clear answer as to if and when the virtuemart team intends to implement this in VM2. I have read most relevant threads and as it seems there is a real need for this feature to exist.
So we need collect 700$ and it will take 2 weeks to develop.

Feature will be public available in the next release.

Please donate as You can.
Thank you for your time and patience.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103257.15

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97663.msg321853#msg321853

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97406.0
p.s. Do not forget to change message icon to Solved.

DG

I've just tested 2.0.7f - no change yet.

2.0.7f (a repeat of 2.0.7e) eg:
Tax calculation for a Wholesale shopper of -50% isn't applied to the cart.
1. Shopper is placed in Wholesale group.
2. GST calculation of +10% is set for all shopper groups (visible for shoppers) for all products
3. Additional Tax calculation of -50% (Price modifier before tax) is set for the Wholesale shopper group (visible for shoppers) for all products
4. Product is set for both default and Wholesale shopper groups
5. On check out, prices at the cart still only reflect the default pricing (plus GST calc.) and do not reflect the discount for a wholesale shopper.

webzight

This is exactly what I am trying to do and having the same problem :-[

Only, I want the catalog prices, to reflect the wholesale price, before the checkout cart, for the wholesale shopper group only :o

Is this possible ???
May the Cloud be with you :)

webzight

I also have different pricing structures for different shoppers on one site which is strictly B2B and deals strictly wholesale. 

I set it up so that when a certain group accesses the site they see only the price for that group, registered users/dealers/retailers see their assigned group prices while the general public sees the MSRP 8)

I had trouble getting the all the hooks working and some weirdness with how VM2 handles Joomla users but I finally got it working just peachy 8)

I can access the site as the GP and then login as a discount group user and then watch as the prices suddenly change, freaking cool ya'll, good job :D

nuwud

@webzight

Can you share exactly how you made it happen with us?

Thanks.
All your base are belong to us!

Dishmaster J

I too am desperate to hear how you pulled this off webzight!

Thanks so much!

webzight

I tried this once and everything hung up :-[

Group Pricing or Discounts 101 :o

1) Goto Orders & Shoppers
2) Create "Discount" Shopper Group - I named one of mine Discount40 for 40% off MSRP and labeled same in description.
2a) "Enable shoppergroup specific price display" - Check the box :o
2b) "Show Prices" - Check the box :o
2c) Configure labels and prices for what you want displayed with this group - I checked both boxes for "Final salesprice" only, the others left blank 8)
2d) Save & Close
3) Goto Products - Click on Taxes & Calculation Rules (see where this going yet :o)
3a) Click on NEW (Big Yellow Plus icon, upper right corner of window)
3b) After new blank window opens, name your new "rule" what ever discount you have in mind, I named mine "40% Discount off MSRP"
3c) Description - I filled in "40% off MSRP"
3d) Type of Arithmetic Operation      Select - Price modifier for Profit Margin
3e) Math Operation    Select  -%
3f) Value - Type in the value of the percentage discount you wish assign for this rule - I used 40 :o
3g) Set the Currency
3h) Product Category Here you can assign this rule to specific Product Category(s) :o  Leave blank otherwise :o
3i) "Shopper Groups" Now here is the BIGGIE - This is where you assign this rule to the Discount Group(s) you setup previously 8)
3j) Country - Here you can apply a rule by Country(s) Leave blank otherwise :o
3k) State / Province / Region - Here you can apply a rule by State, Province, Region 8) Leave blank otherwise :o
3l) Visible for Shopper - Check the box :o
3m) Visible for vendor - You decide here for yourself  8)
3n)  Set Start Date and End Date as you wish  ::)
3o)  Check over your settings and once satisfied, "Save & Close"

Now you should be able to assign a specific user to a Discount Shopper group and when that "shopper" logs in, the prices in the catalog should automatically change to reflect the discount you set for that group :o

Try it and see for yourself 8)

Once you realize how the groups and rules work together you can readily see how many possible combination's there are for setting pricing and taxing structures  :o

I hope this helps 8)

genetica_multimedia

This works only with rules. But we have to set different prices for each shopper group which we import from a CSV-file.

webzight

I used to write tech manuals for the US government as part of a huge DOD satellite communications(SATCOM) ground station refurbishment contract, for which, we where required to write said manuals, to a sixth (6th) grade reading comprehension level :o

I should hope I don't have to do that here ::)

You use the GROUPS in conjunction with the RULES  :o

Please reread the steps above, it details exactly what to do for multiple pricing structures, MMMKKKAAAAY ???

IF you experiment with the GROUPS and RULES configurations you will see that your scenario is the same as mine, basically  :o

I have over 1400 SKU's all with different prices and three different wholesale discounts, the above steps work for me 8)

NOTE TO VM2 MANUAL WRITERS:  hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge ;)

genetica_multimedia

Calm down, easy.

I have two shopper groups, with 1000s of products. They don't have a strong relation to each other, only that the products of one group are cheaper than the same products of the other shopper group. With your method a have to make 1000s of rules.

webzight

@ genetica_multimedia
QuoteWith your method a have to make 1000s of rules.
::)

Did you actually try following and implementing the instructions  ???

If you had, you would see that you apply a discount rule to the designated SHOPPER GROUP of the special pricing, NOT the individual products :o

The prices do not matter, nor how many there are, because VM is performing a math operation on said prices before anyone sees them guided by the group/rule relationship :o

Try it and see!

As I said before, it works with my inventory of 1400+ SKU's and three different shopper groups with three different pricing structures 8)

genetica_multimedia

Yes if there would be only 2 different pricing rules  ???

But our client has set the prices manually.

So the prices of the second shopper group aren't 10% cheaper/more expansive or doesn't cost 10€ more or less.

I have to set the sales prices, for example:

Product A of Shopper group A costs: 10€
Product B of Shopper group A costs: 15€
Product C of Shopper group A costs: 20€

Product A of Shopper group B costs: 20€
Product B of Shopper group B costs: 17€
Product C of Shopper group B costs: 21€

Yes, it would be easier if our client would have a better system for setting prices :)

With VM 1.1 you can set individual prices. We need it also for VM 2.

webzight

There has to be a base cost for the products you are re-selling no matter to what group you sell :o

If that is the case then you could use an add function (+%) on the rule and work from the base price up instead of backwards from the MSRP as I do for each group 8)

Or you could do an inverse math trick and discount from the highest price group to the lowest group using the subtract math function (-%)  :o

Try using the different rule configurations and group combinations and see how things play out ???

genetica_multimedia

I tried it out a few weeks ago. It works, but I would have to set a rule for nearly each product --> thousands of rules (for this client, for other clients 2 rules would be enough  ::) )

Either the feature from VM 1.1 gets implemented in VM 2 or i have to copy the products for the second shopper group which i wanted to avoid.