News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Specific Shopper Group (Wholesale) Prices?

Started by statman24, February 02, 2012, 15:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

statman24

Did some searching, but failed to find the answer to the following question.

In VM1, I can have a shopper group called "Wholesale" then I can go into products, checkmark a product, click on the "List Prices" button on top, and add the "wholesale" price for that particular product.

How do I set a price for a product that is specific to a shopper group in VM2?

Thanks!

Milbo

A lot easier.

You set price rules, which can depend to a shoppergroup or category, or time and more. You can use unpublished categories to have different price structure then the shopper see. You have endless combinations.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

statman24

Thanks.  But can you be more specific?

I have 2 separate set of prices... retail and wholesale.  There is no relationship between the prices.  The difference on one product might be $10... on another $15.

Milbo

I am sorry this is not possible anylonger. Our expectation is that 90% of the users (or even more) need a system which works in categories. Consider that you can create unpublished categories like plus-10,plus-15,plus-20 and then you can achieve that a lot easier with categorising your pricing system.

We could also later write a customplugin for that, so that you can enter it as a variant, which is automatically shown to the right shoppergroups.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

statman24

Hmm..

So a pretty powerful functionality which was in VM1 was taken out in VM2??  I would think setting multiple prices for a product (based on Shopper Group) would be something an extremely flexible piece of functionality to have.  I find it hard to believe that all pricing for a product is directly related to another price... that is... that wholesale price is always (let's say) 10% lower than retail.

The release notes for VM2 states:

shoppergroups: pricing depending by shoppergroups

So I figured the functionality was there. 

I guess there is no way for me to upgrade my site until some sort of plugin is written then??

Milbo

Are you really sure that you have always different settings? you do not have any system in it? not sorted by category? I just noticed, that we could add also manufacturers.

statman24

For example.... Let's say I have 3 products

Product 1
Retail $10
wholesale $7

Product 2
Retail $10
wholesale $7.75

Product 3
Retail $20
Wholesale $10

You see... there is no correlation between the retail price and the wholesale price between products (other than the obvious fact that wholesale price is lower than retail price).

I can set that up on VM1 using the "LIST PRICE" feature... but can't seem to find a way to do that in VM2.

Milbo

Then I am sorry, you have to wait for a plugin. I already created it in my head, just need time to write it. Maybe some other 3rd party do, I have already some in mind.

bjornhol

Thanks for highlighting this!

I also put my trust into the "shoppergroups: pricing depending by shoppergroups" and assumed that the same useful feature was possible on the new version.

Waiting for that plugin since I already upgraded.

Thanks

statman24

Milbo,

How do I get someone to add this functionality?  What would it cost for a pluging?

sadrem

I'm also need such plugin.
Can somebody develop it?
Lets pay for it .
Extremely needed.
p.s. Do not forget to change message icon to Solved.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sadrem

Hello,
Thx for replay
But we'r talking about version 2+.
There is no such feature in 2

statman24

I think his solution is to do product cloning (ie... duplicating products with different prices).  Unfortunately, this is very very messy for customers that has lots of products.

Is anyone for hire to write a plugin?

sadrem

It's not a good solution.
Let me know if You find developer for that plugin.
I will take part in costs.
I know some developer but he said there is no good docs for developer.
He can try if developers of virtuemat will give a direction.